Douva

How many degrees between you and Kevin Bacon?

This was inspired by the "I know a guy who knows _______" thread.

In how few moves can you connect yourself to Kevin Bacon? Here are the rules (which I arbitrarily made up):

1. You can use a chance encounter only if you were personally involved. That means that if you met Kevin Bacon on the subway once, you can give yourself a score of 1, but if your mom met Kevin Bacon on the subway once, you can't give yourself a 2. You actually have to have spoken with Kevin Bacon (i.e., not just SEEN him on the subway) to use the encounter toward your final score.

2. You can use your friends or family if they actually know Kevin Bacon. So, if your best friend cleans Kevin Bacon's pool, you can give yourself a 2. You need not have actually met the relative in question for this rule to apply to a relative. So if your second cousin cleans Kevin Bacon's pool, you can give yourself a 2, even if you've never met the cousin.

3. You can use both movies and narrative TV shows. You can't use news programs, awards shows, or reality TV shows.

4. You can only use credited ACTORS to connect to movies and TV shows. Extras and other crew members (writers, directors, cinematographers, grips, production assistants, etc.) cannot be used unless you are the extra or crew member being used.

Here is an example of how your score breakdown might look:

[I]1. You met Val Kilmer in a restaurant in Santa Fe.
2. Val Kilmer was in Top Gun (1986) with Tim Robbins
3. Tim Robbins was in Mystic River (2003)with Kevin Bacon[/I]

Now, following these rules, let's see who can be the first person to score a 1. The best I can seem to come up with is a 3. Here is the breakdown of my score:

1. I worked on [I]The Rookie[/I] (2002) with Dennis Quaid.
2. Dennis Quaid was in [I]The Day After Tomorrow[/I] (2004) with Jose Ramon Rosario
3. Jose Ramon Rosario was in [I]Mystic River[/I] (2003) with Kevin Bacon

EDITED TO ADD:

You cannot count your relationship with anybody who has already posted in this thread (hi, Sunny) toward your final score.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

My score is a 2.

1) I worked with Gary Sinise in a fundraiser for one of my professors at Columbia College Chicago.

2) Gary Sinise was in Apollo 13 (1995) with Kevin Bacon.

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Who gives a f#*k about Kevin Bacon!!

I like the six degrees to Sunny much better.;)

Fine, we all get 1's. Now back to Kevin Bacon.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

1. I've seen Kevin Bacon so many times in the street he's ready to get that restraining order.

Did I ruin it?~~April

Duhh...actually I've seen him a couple times myself walking around Philly. Forgot about that.

Remember rule number 1--You actually have to have SPOKEN with him, not just seen him, for the encounter to counted toward your final score.

I get a 4:

1) I know Sunny

2) Who knows craicehead.

2) Craicehead worked with Gary Sinise in a fundraiser.

3) Gary Sinsie was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon.

Ok, enough of that, back to six degrees from Sunny!!B|:P

Sunny and Moffet, please take note of the clarification added to my original post.

Thank you,

Douva

I've managed to lower my score to a 2.

1. I worked on [I]The Rookie[/I] (2002) with publicist Stuart Fink (who I can use despite the fact that he's a crew member and not an actor because I actually worked with him).
2. Stuart Fink was the publicity coordinator on Quicksilver (1986) with Kevin Bacon.

1. I have waved and said HI to him and he smiled and said HI back.

I just thoght..do you know how many films Kevin has MADE??? We could probably link him to Bozo the Clown if we wanted to...

I dont' want to. PhillyKev might yell at me for the clown reference~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Let's make it about me instead!! How many degrees to sunshine!! :)

I was very nearly assaulted by Sunshine at the first holiday boogie when she thought i was cutting in front to use Wingnut's air pump.

I'm a 1 :)

Boy, KB sure is in a lot of movies with Kyra Sedgwick coming up. Weird.

1. I met Vince Vaughn (and Vincent D'Nofrio) at "The Shanghai Tunnel", a dive bar in Portland, OR. They were in town filming "Thumbsucker".

2. Vince Vaughn was in "The Anchorman" and "Old School" with Luke Wilson.

3. Luke Wilson was in "My Dog Skip" and "Telling Lies in America" with Kevin Bacon.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

We could probably link him to Bozo the Clown if we wanted to...

You can. I met Bozo the clown. :D

1) Sunny met Bozo

2) Sunny knows Craicehead

3) Craicehead worked with gary sinise

4) Gary sinise was in apollo 13 with kevin bacon.

Edited to say. Nevermind, after actually reading the rules...i see this doesn't count. Hi Douva!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

3 degrees.

1. I have 2 very good friends, Brent and Eileen, who got me started skydiving; Art, you might remember them from AFF.
2. From what I read in some of her old yearbooks, Eileen was pretty good friends with Denise Richards growing up; they went to high school together, palled around and even worked with each other during the summers.
3. Denise Richards and Kevin Bacon were in Wild Things together.

B|
FunBobby

GET A LIFE, FREAK!!!:P

How about this one?

1. I once negotiated a contract with entertainment attorney Jeff Cohen.
2. Jeff Cohen played Chunk in The Goonies (1985) with Josh Brolin.
3. Josh Brolin was in Hollow Man (2000) with Kevin Bacon.

Your turn, Moffett. Show us what you got.

I was mistaken for Kevin Bacon numerous times while I was in high school, like people actually bothering me for my autograph, so can I claim 0? :)
I've since put on so much weight that the only famous person I'm told I look like is Dan Akroyd. [:/]

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

1. I met Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn at the Brown Field bar (while having a beer after skydiving)
2k. Kurt (I) Russell was in Backdraft (1991) with Jennifer Jason Leigh
3k. Jennifer Jason Leigh was in In the Cut (2003) with Kevin Bacon
2g. Goldie Hawn was in First Wives Club, The (1996) with Marcia Gay Harden
3g. Marcia Gay Harden was in Mystic River (2003) with Kevin Bacon