surfbum5412

Cheapest dealer to buy Mirage G4 from?

Looking to buy a Mirage G4 -- who has the best deal on the internet?

A sign in my rigger's loft reads:

Service - Quality - Price

Pick Any Two

Beyond that I got nothing...
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I am also interested in buying a new custom G4. I am in upstate NY where the closest local gear shop is the Ranch (4-5 hours away). Any online suggestions? I'd be interested in not only the cheapest, but who is helpful in making sure you're getting what you want.
Well behaved women don't often make history.

Try you local Rigger/Gear shop first.

The personal service you generally get is usually worth more than the couple bucks you save buying online.

The Best Deal is NOT always the lowest price.

You should tell that to Dell computers. Haha, where were you when they designed their business model that made them billionaires?

Why would I need a middle man for customer service issues? If there are any issues, I'm calling the manufacturer directly. The only need I see for a local shop would be for the measuring part. Other than that, you are getting the same great service. Is that really worth the $300-$400 difference?

Just an Opinion.

Something that requires you to be measured and is generally made to order, I personally want someone that know what they are doing when it comes to the measurements.

IF you do it yourself and it is wrong, Expect to pay to have YOUR mistake corrected.

Also when you first posted, Your profile said 45 jumps. Someone with 45 would be best served going to a local rigger in my opinion.

We live in the Walmart age. And in this case, the product is coming from the same manufacturer...WHO CAN DO IT THE CHEAPEST?? In other words...WHO'S GOT THE LOWEST OVERHEAD??

That's right baby! I want walmart level of quality and service!
Remster

Why would I need a middle man for customer service issues? If there are any issues, I'm calling the manufacturer directly. The only need I see for a local shop would be for the measuring part. Other than that, you are getting the same great service. Is that really worth the $300-$400 difference?

And if enough people do that, the dealers will go out of business and the manufacturers will raise their prices to reflect their increased staff who are tasked with dealing with the public. Part of the reason manufacturers have lower overhead is they expect dealers to run interference with Joe Consumer. It's much easier for the manufacturer to handle a few phone calls a day from a knowledgeable network of dealers than exponentially more calls from far less knowledgeable consumers. Keeping the manufacturers off the phone and at the sewing machine is good for everyone.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I suggest getting yourself competently measured first. Then go shopping. Within a few phone calls you will start to find out who is willing to work with you on price. Keep in mind these are 'for profit' businesses and survive on their sales margin so I am sure you may get different quotes. Consider contacting some of the dz's around your area also. My home dz passes along the full dealer discount and doesnt take a profit.
Two words that get you in trouble, ALWAYS and NEVER

I suggest getting yourself competently measured first. Then go shopping. Within a few phone calls you will start to find out who is willing to work with you on price. Keep in mind these are 'for profit' businesses and survive on their sales margin so I am sure you may get different quotes. Consider contacting some of the dz's around your area also. My home dz passes along the full dealer discount and doesnt take a profit.

Where's the best place to get measured? Tailor...rigger...??

We live in the Walmart age. And in this case, the product is coming from the same manufacturer...WHO CAN DO IT THE CHEAPEST?? In other words...WHO'S GOT THE LOWEST OVERHEAD??

That's right baby! I want walmart level of quality and service!

Quality...no matter who you buy your rig from, the quality will be the same.

Service...I think the only difference is knowing someone is competent in measuring you for the rig.

My personal experience has been that good deals don't come from online gear stores, they come from little dealers that aren't trying to make a profit (such as skydiving clubs). Manufacturers don't like dealers like that and many are cutting back on the small dealers. Last time I was shopping, prices were pretty much the same everywhere I looked. I went by service and chose TSO-D at Deland... and did everything by email/PM on here. Got measured by another dealer that was at my DZ for a boogie (I've spent plenty of money there too :)
The rig may be the same no matter where you buy from, but the buying experience will not be. And if there's a problem when the rig shows up, that's when the dealer might make a huge difference.

Ask jumpers at your DZ where they get measured. You might find out there's a local dealer, or at least someone that knows how to measure for rigs. Everybody else is getting measured somewhere. Find out where.

Dave

Pick Any Two

I'll pick all 3 when I order from Chutingstar or KarnageKrew.

QUALITY: whatever dealer I use, all of the rigs are coming from Mirage.

PRICE: no store = no overhead.

SERVICE; poor service = poor word-of-mouth-advertising. The best service I have received came from KarnageKrew who is an internet dealer located in the UK!! Haha.

My personal experience got me an online dealer at the best price.
I got measured by Mark from UPT and a few months later went shopping. I talked to Marcelo at TSO-D who I got a hold of from a good friend and even he couldn't beat what zoodive offered on my V3,
I went with zoodive.com, service and communication was fantastic. Got my rig in 16 weeks exactly like ordered.
B|
Why would I need my rigger or local store broker the transaction and add on additional $300+ to the price?

I am also interested in buying a new custom G4. I am in upstate NY where the closest local gear shop is the Ranch (4-5 hours away). Any online suggestions? I'd be interested in not only the cheapest, but who is helpful in making sure you're getting what you want.

I got mine 2 weeks ago from Mike Gruwell(www.chutingstar.com).I'm 100% satisfied.The best price and the best customer support.
Just my opinion;)

Blue skies
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Pick Any Two

I'll pick all 3 when I order from Chutingstar or KarnageKrew.

QUALITY: whatever dealer I use, all of the rigs are coming from Mirage.

PRICE: no store = no overhead.

SERVICE; poor service = poor word-of-mouth-advertising. The best service I have received came from KarnageKrew who is an internet dealer located in the UK!! Haha.

Hey bro, As much as I appreciate your custom, I would suggest if you want to go with a Mirage G4 that you should go to Chutingstar over me. From what I can tell he is very knowledgable with Mirage products as you might say I am with Aerodyne products or Microns.
I am only a sub dealer for Mirage and sure i could give you a great price but as i said in the email, I would be bulshitting you if i sold you a Mirage product.

Go with Chutingstar on the Mirage. If you end up with the Micron though come on in.

You are a valued customer of mine and one of my original customers so that is why i want you to go to the right person if you purchase a mirage.

merry xmas bro.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Didnt you just receive fantastic service from me-an online store with your Icarus Safire 2? Best price, great service and the fastest turn around anyone would have ever seen on an Icarus canopy. What was it three weeks?:P

Anyway, I know what you are saying J, I just think times have changed mate.

I work my ass off and money is the last thing on my mind. I dont make half of what i would make if i was picking up rubbish in the street, and from what I get told I am one of the busier distributors for a few manufacturers. I am lucky enough to have a family business in a different industry and get to do this cause it is a passion of mine, not to pay the bills.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Yes I did. Brand New Custom Safire 2 delivered to Door in three weeks at a great price. I could not possibly be Happier at the moment.

But a Container requires Measuring for custom Fit. A Canopy does not. Also when the Original Poster first Posted, His profile said 45 Jumps. At 45 Jumps I would suggest anyone to go work with their local Rigger on ordering a custom container to make sure they were properly measured and also would hope that the local rigger would give some sound advise on which options the Customer really needed and which they did not. Also if the container does not fit right when it comes in, They can go directly to their Rigger/Sales Rep to get it corrected.

Also there is a big difference between someone with 45 jumps and someone with 650 as the profile now says. At 650 jumps someone would have a much better idea what he or she needed.

Just my Opinion.

And ironically enough, I PMed the OP earlier and told him to contact Mike G and/or you if he didnt have a local rigger he wanted to work with.:P

Why would I need a middle man for customer service issues? If there are any issues, I'm calling the manufacturer directly.

Then WTF are you calling a dealer for?

Everybody wants money for nuthin....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.