tricky

When did you know you had found the person you wanted to marry?

When did you know that you had found the person you wanted to marry?

Huh?

I think I have found the one.... But then I think... is this for real? I worry ... I don't know if it's a fear of the commitment or fear of him not being a good match for me. As of now, I see us working wonderfully together... but what about the future?

So many questions... :S:S

The first night I met Morgan I fell in love. The second night I saw her (the next night) I knew I was going to marry her. We're getting married Oct 7th.

So I guess sometimes it actually is that storybook simple.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The moment I met her!!! it took a few months to realize it, but it all worked out.

We met at a party, I lost touch for several months. We re-connected, dated for one month, got engaged and then married a year later. We have now been together 12 years and have 2 wonderful children. I am truly the luckiest man on the planet.

Phil

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Not much of a story to tell really.:$

We lived in the same apt complex and he helped me move in last year.We 've been friends ever since and now we've been dating for several months. Its coming time for my lease to be up and he said he knew a way to avoid resigning my lease and solving all my problems at the same time.LOL! Then he proposed.

I thought he was joking for a minute but hes serious.I'm engaged!(and still in shock):$

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

First...congrats Amber! That is awesome!

and then...

In the fall of 2001 I began IMing a fellow DZ.commer. In January, still before I had actually met him, I was quoted as saying, "I want to bear this man's children."

I met him in May of 2002, and I was right. I still wanted to bear his children. We got in a fight the day we met because he was with someone else (no hard feelings, chica!!!).

We are getting married Augeust 6th. I knew before I met him. Something in the conversations we had had...and that feeling only intensified when I did finally meet him. He obviously felt the same way, because he had quit his job and moved to be with me within 6 months of our first date..

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

Not much of a story to tell really.:$

We lived in the same apt complex and he helped me move in last year.We 've been friends ever since and now we've been dating for several months. Its coming time for my lease to be up and he said he knew a way to avoid resigning my lease and solving all my problems at the same time.LOL! Then he proposed.

I thought he was joking for a minute but hes serious.I'm engaged!(and still in shock):$

That's very sweet...congrats! It would be nice if it could all be that easy. :)

PMS #62
Zarza R[red

I don't think it is always love at first sight. I knew my husband for 5 years before we ever went out. Then it wasn't until we had been dating for several months that I realized he was the one. But we have been married for 27 years, so it was the right choice. I think the exact moment I knew I'd marry him was when we'd been dating a few months and his ex girlfriend came into town and wanted to get together with him. He was totally honest with me and told me he was going to see her to see if he still had feelings for her. I think that is when I knew I wanted him, when I realized I had competition. Lame reason, but like I said we've been married 27 years, so it all worked out :)

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

We both knew shortly after we met. About 2 weeks after we met, he was telling all his co-workers that I am the girl he'd marry. It took me a bit longer to say it out loud, but knew after the 2nd date or so.

We got married 4.5 months later, and have been happy ever since.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Well I really didnt know, but he said he knew right away that I was the one...that was almost 8 years ago...

To all of you out there who are about to tie the knot...

Marriage is probably the single hardest thing you will ever have to do. Especially when the "honeymoon" is over. Just remember why you got married to begin with, constantly let your spouse know how much you love them and appreciate them and it will be easier.

Life has happened here and we are holding on by a thread, but I stop to look at the good times and the "little things" that thread seems a bit stronger.

After the first date- I got this overwhelming feeling that this was the girl I was going to marry. It took 5 years to convince her, but she finally said yes. We'll have been married for 3 years this August.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Damned if I know!

I'm sure it wasn't when we first met in second grade or any of the times we played sports together in the neighborhood (she was always the first one chosen, no matter the sport, and I was the last:(); had to have been sometime shortly after we had our first date, Homecoming '65. Though I had wanted to date Lynn for quite a while, so maybe I "knew" the summer of our sophomore year ... your guess is as good as mine.;)

BTW, to continue the parallel highjacking of this thread, our best wishes to you, Amber, and our congratulations to your fiance.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

When did you know that you had found the person you wanted to marry?

I really REALLY fell in love with my wife when I saw how great of a Mom she was. It warms my heart to know how much my kids love her and how she loves them back.