Layton

who's the best?

You might try visiting a couple Audiophile message boards they would be able to help you out alot more than most people here. But i do believe there are a few sound nuts here.

my only advice is stay the hell away from anything Onkyo.

Congrats on the house and good luck getting that spine tingling, window shaking system you want. :)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Bose stuff is really not all that great, especially with the huge huge huge markups.

If you want what's really the best, look at AV gear from Rand, Faroudja, Martin Logan, Mark Levinson, etc.
cavete terrae.

we are fixing to start building a new house.we want to wire in a home theatre system while the house is being framed.we have looked a bose systems a lot and were wondering who really makes the best system.

Well, it won't matter which brand you go with at this point. All you need to decide right now is where you're going to want your speakers and then install the wire.

Two points with that in mind...a) don't skimp on the wire. b) In the "home theater room", you might want to run wires to each speaker from two different locations, in case you decide to rearrange the room. I did this when we built our last house, because the vaulted ceilings prohibited running speaker wire after the fact.

Are you going to run wire to any other locations while you're at it? Bedrooms, patio, etc? Most of the newer high-end receivers will support multiple "zones" so you can listen to the game or whatever on TV in the family room and music out on the patio at the same time.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You want the best? :D

I've seen a system, back in 95, price tagged at $250,000... You sure you wanna pay for the best?

That's a bit on the cheap side. Genesis-1 speakers will set you back about that much *each*!:o
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™