kallend

Interesting use for Black Light

Scorpions glow bright yellow in UV (black light).

I went scorpion hunting after dark last week in White Sands National Monument. I was with a biologist who has a Park Service permit to collect them and to stay after the park closes. Scorpions are all over the place, we collected 13 in about 30 minutes. It's very surreal at White Sands under a starry sky with glowing scorpions all around!

During the day a lot of visitors were wandering about in bare feet. Having seen the number of scorpions there, I don't think that's such a good idea!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The first time i heard this i called bullshit on my dad. He laughed and handed me a blacklight. That night i went scorpion hunting around my house and caught about as many as you guys did.:o I was amazed at how they stood out in the grass. I did notice that weedeater cord glows like scorpions also.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Cat whiz is flourescent in UV light too.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

The first time i heard this i called bullshit on my dad. He laughed and handed me a blacklight. That night i went scorpion hunting around my house and caught about as many as you guys did.:o I was amazed at how they stood out in the grass. I did notice that weedeater cord glows like scorpions also.:D

Where is that? I must make a note not to move there.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I was at a party once with a lot of stoners, and an overhead black light. The stoners got pretty freaked when one particular babe walked in. After some questioning it was learned that she had just used some eye drops. (I don't recall what brand.)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Scorpions glow bright yellow in UV (black light).

And different scorpions have different patterns too!

I seem to remember an act, can't remember where, in which this exotic dancer was covered in scorpions with black light...as I recall, there where other colors besides bright yellow too.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The funny thing is, the first thought that came to mind when I saw this thread title was... oh, he finally figured out you can see scorpions at night now! :D

Yeah, I learned about this on the Venom ER show, which shows real life emergencies about venomous bites from snakes, spiders and of course, scorpions.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban