Synapse

A new take on the magnetic slider keeper?

Ok, so after using the Skysystems Magnetic SkyTie for a while, I started thinking about some possible alternatives to the setup... tell me what you guys think.

Option 1) Instead of having the magnetic flip strap setup, cut the SkyTie off just above the bottom magnetic that is attached to the reserve flap. Then take the magnet from the other side and sew it onto the rear edge of the slider. Now instead of having to flip up the keeper and then flip it back down over the slider, you just stick the slider directly to the magnet on the reserve flap.

Option 2) [only applies to rigs with magnetic riser covers] Get rid of the SkyTie all together. Sew two smaller magnets onto the left and right rear edge of the slider. When the slider is brought down below the risers, stick each side against the magnetic riser covers and let them hold it down.

So do either of these setups sound feasible to you guys?

-syn
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain
a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty
nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

I agree having 2 magnets in a slider could be a serious problem since they would almost certainly stick together when packed and at the critical moment when the slider is first exposed to air.

One magnet in a slider could be ok, but its going to add weight to the slider. The benefits dont outweight the risks.