Jadera

Helmets: external audible or not?

Hey Jadera, i use a Hurricane Helmet with 2 pro dytters on the outside of the helmet.

If you use the clip and the rubber bands, it wont fall off of your helmet.

The Hurricane is build in a way that if the riser strikes the helmet it will not get near the audibles.

If you search the forum, you will find a few topics of people that lost their audibles, but 99% of them did not secure it very well.

Hope i can help!

Blue ones!

Hi! i want to hear your experiences with the helmets on which audibles are mounted on the external side of helmet..(did any one experienced loosing the audibles)..

It's a good way to snag it on something and lose it.

What kind of helmet do you use, and why can't you mount it inside the earpiece?

I've had a Hurricane and liked the outside audible since they offered easy access to them. But there's not often you change your settings, and keeping them in the inside protects them from scratches and potentiall riser slaps (though it's rare). My biggest issue was with my Solo. Since I had to tie it with supertack, I couldn't take it from my FF helmet and over to my camera helmet. The same issue would have occurred with my Optima.

I prefer internal pockets to protect my audibles and to be able to take them out and put them in other helmet.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

I have an Oxygn A3 which mounts the audible on the outside.
The thing I like about it is that it is easy to read and log data.
I have not lost it but it did recently break the screen and I had to send it in. Total repair will be about $100 w/shipping.
Also another bad thing about the external mount is
it is a bitch to replace the battery.

Hi! i want to hear your experiences with the helmets on which audibles are mounted on the external side of helmet..(did any one experienced loosing the audibles)..

It's a good way to snag it on something and lose it.

What kind of helmet do you use, and why can't you mount it inside the earpiece?

i don`t use any yet...but i got a good offer for helmet on which audibles are mounted on the outside... see picture..

as you can see it seems that audibles are at least protected from riser flaps...

If its a good deal, you can buy the helmet and build a cover to protect the audibles, is easy to make one and very secure.

Some one here did one for a helmet like yours and it looked preety good!

Blue ones!

could you please share your ideas/pictures?
thanx

my first freefly helmut (Invertigo) had external mounts. Never lost the pro track, but broke 3 clips on riser slaps (so I was lucky each time in that they weren't broke enough to drop the pro track).

I ditched the thing and got one with an internal pocket (mindwarp) with the hardshell outside it. Plus, I can hear the thing. It's a good helmut, though the pro track pocket relies on velcro way too much. There should be much better designs, IMO.

Then, we bought the same model (mindwarp) for my wife and it was redesigned with this crappy soft pocket basically just tacked on the out side. A real snag feature. I modified that helmut so we could put the Pro Track inside it and still be fairly comfortable. But we were disappointed with the design change and had we known, we'd have not bought from them.

I think the external mounting is a really stupid idea.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants