riggergreg

So I just logged reserve/emergency pack job #4000..

What do I win?

A hell of a lot of gratitude, I hope. :)
Please don't quit. Seems like you're caring about what you do.

The world needs more riggers that care as much as Greg does. He's been my rigging idol since I was a lowly packer. I should use that term very loosely... when he met me, I was a really sorry excuse for a packer :)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

But how many bottles of liquor did you get out of all that?

Way more than I could possibly drink (215 saves)

Wow. That's another amazing statistic.

Actually, what I was really curious about was the ratio of packs to saves. And I was just trying to ask that in a fun way. It looks like, from your experience, that one out of every 18-19 pack jobs is actually used in an emergency. Interesting...

It looks like, from your experience, that one out of every 18-19 pack jobs is actually used in an emergency. Interesting...

Statistics are fun, huh? If you rough guess an average of 50 jumps per pack job, that means about 1 in a 1000 jumps results in a save.
Owned by Remi #?

...1 in a 1000 jumps results in a save.

He must not be much of a drinker. I would have passed on #1-999 and only packed #1000. Saves energy and allows more time for the drinking.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It looks like, from your experience, that one out of every 18-19 pack jobs is actually used in an emergency. Interesting...

Statistics are fun, huh? If you rough guess an average of 50 jumps per pack job, that means about 1 in a 1000 jumps results in a save.

Another statistic I read, was that there was a 1 in 700 chance of a mal. So that sounds about right too, that given 50 jumps per packjob leads to a save roughly between 10 and 20 packjobs, given a healthy error margin.

...1 in a 1000 jumps results in a save.

From memory, that's about the average in Australia. Incident stats are better (though not perfectly) collected here, and to get your sporting license renewed you have to supply the # of jumps and # of reserve rides in the last 12 months...