aykay

How much is my Crossfire 169 worth?

Heya,

I am looking at selling my canopy but I have no idea how much it is worth in USD. I have had it posted up in the classifieds but was told I was asking too much. I think I made an error converting the AUD in to USD.

So anyway is $1500 US a fair price for this canopy with 300 jumps on it?

How much can you get a new one for?

Crossfire ONE or TWO ?

$1500 is way too much for one, and about the highest asking price for the TWO. As always, lowering your price will result in a quicker sale.

lowest advertised price on a Crossfire2-169 I have seen is $2066 :
http://marketplace.amazia.com/para-service/15.asp?cn=135154&affid=&page=15&pagenumber=&sgldbl=
though I am sure some dealers sell cheaper

keep in mind "too much" and "too little" are both very subjective terms. Someone may be happy to buy yours for $1300 and think that they got a steal, while someone else will offer you $1000 and think they are being generous.

List price is $2,350.00 USD
Suggestion: Leave it priced at $1,500USD.
You can always consider offers for less; but can't negotiate a higher price than what's in the ad.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

List price is $2,350.00 USD
Suggestion: Leave it priced at $1,500USD.
You can always consider offers for less; but can't negotiate a higher price than what's in the ad.

you are correct. Except for if you are willing to take $1400/$1200/$1000 - whatever - advertising a higher asking price will result in less ad responses, thus you are guaranteed to loose potential clients. If you are willing to take X amount of dollars and are looking for a quick sale, then it's best to advertise the X price. Just because people ask for a better price, it does not mean you need to give it to them. Furthermore, this current situation is more unique as there are very few Crossfire2-169s on the market.

good luck

[quote dear Bublehed, can you please give your reasons why ?

Because it has 300 jiumps on it. It is most likely more than halfway through the life of the first set of lines. Plus I think with the way our economy is today he would have more luck selling it at $1300. It is probebly worth more than that, but a faster sale is something to consider.
ATTACK LIFE ! IT'S GOING TO KILL YOU ANYWAY!!!!

True.

Lets gust say that if it was me and I was selling it I would expect to get about 1/3rd less than I could get a new one for. But that's just me.

The op asked a question that there is no right answer too, just opinions and that is mine, yours may differ.
ATTACK LIFE ! IT'S GOING TO KILL YOU ANYWAY!!!!

Might I suggest that if you are in no hurry to sell; that you run an ad for $1500USD for 30 days to test the market, If that doesn't warrant any interest, drop it to $1400USD for 30 days, etc. until you get to your bottom dollar. You'll need to take into account who pays the shipping and any inspection fees.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Heya,

I am looking at selling my canopy but I have no idea how much it is worth in USD. I have had it posted up in the classifieds but was told I was asking too much. I think I made an error converting the AUD in to USD.

So anyway is $1500 US a fair price for this canopy with 300 jumps on it?

How much can you get a new one for?

These things are highly subjective and a "fair" price is what a buyer and seller agree upon. Honestly, most people think a "fair" price is the lowest price they have ever heard of in a market with high supply and low demand. So I hate the word "fair".

That said with only 300 jumps the canopy is just being broken in. With a new one at over $2K I personally beleive $1,500 is a very reasonable number. A rule of thumb I've heard is the new price less $1 to $1.5 per jump.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP