shropshire

Paraglider rig with 3-ring and "sky Hook"?

No, my round reserve isn't - I repack it myself.

Your skydive reserve repack cycle is mandated by whom? - CAA or FAA etc.. They don't seem to have the same control over us (except where we can fly), with respect to kit.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

since stane from atair is involved i think it is a sound design.

sounds cool to me...
them paraglider test pilots can figure out how these canopies fly quite easily. Like that they will do test flights more easily over land, no need to do it over water.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Why do you think that would be any better than the regular PG setup?

Probably would not be required/good idea for your average recrational pilot BUT for Test and Acro Pilots, their canopies can get into a whole world of mess, so a cut-away could be a good option to have.

(.)Y(.)

Probably would not be required/good idea for your average recrational pilot BUT for Test and Acro Pilots, their canopies can get into a whole world of mess, so a cut-away could be a good option to have.

You are in sitting position and you can throw your round reserve into clean air. KISS

Yeap - mostly that is true ... but in Acro, there could be all sort of a mess above you... and you may not be the right way up.
Actually, this harness has 2 reserve pockets, so the 2nd could have a standard round reserve in, then, depending upon the malfuction, you would not need to cut-away but simply deploy the round reserve (don't get your handles mixed up [:/] )

(.)Y(.)

Hey,
Wrong and it is not very useful for an acro pilot because of 2 major reasons :
It Won't work in case of a wrap ( If you do the tumbling , I am sure you understand what I mean ) and a total line set failure .
Blue skies
Chris
PS : But it is a damn good piece of workmancraft .

I don't see where I went (too far) wrong .. but I agree it wont work in a wrap - but what would? ...

Sure it's wouldn't work (automatically) if the lines parted from the risers (neither would a sky dive RSL)... you're going to have to bang it out.....fast (I wouldn't want to build up too much freefall speed)

I also agree it does look sweet - I want one - damn I'd look so COOL on the hillB|

(.)Y(.)

As long as they use the right cutaway... :S

3-ring quick release for disconnection of the CUT-AWAY reserve. Short symmetric release grip. Screwable! If required replaceable by normal carabiners - then without Cut-Away reserve.

The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Um...how is the ram air reserve packed and by who? If not a parachute rigger...then by the pilot it self? And then..how much time is needed for a PG pilot to learn a proper pack job on a canopy designed to safe one self?

I like the idea, but I'm concerned for the safety of it all since it might be packed by someone who's never packed a skydiving canopy before.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no