jclalor

DZ Classified purchase protocol

It's all negotiable. Some sellers will want the prospective buyer to pay for shipping up front, but when I've sold gear I've always been willing to pay for shipping to a rigger. That person then inspects the item along with the prospective buyer. If it's acceptable, the buyer pays the seller. If not, he ships it back at his expense. The rigger enforces it either way.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

It's called Escrow Service and most reputable riggers will act as an agent. Both the seller and the buyer get protected that way.

I highly recommend the process.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

there's no real "protocol"

If you search, you will see that some people demand escrow, others prefer it, others don't care.

And some sellers simply don't care to ship anything before they are paid. Personally, I will try to work with a buyer, but if someone offers to pay right away, that person gets the deal.

Please don't choose to use escrow for the wrong reasons. There are many respectable and credible people selling on the classifieds - it may simply be insulting to some to demand escrow when dealing with them. Escrow is meant for the times when you are uncertain about the VENDOR, not about the PRODUCT. What I mean is don't use escrow because you are not sure if the product will work for you - you can verify that without wasting other peoples time. (i.e. a 5ft5in dude who wanted me to send him a wingsuit for a 5ft10in person so her can "try it on, I promise not to jump it" - that seemed a bit silly to me)

hope this helps.