Tanman

Pro Dytter help

I recently bought a used Pro Dytter and wonders if anyone out there could give me some assisitance working it... I downloaded the manual from L&B's website... am wondering if it is broken possibly... anyone with one care to explain how to operate it? when I replace the battery cover it beeps once, then I get nothing...
thanks!

The ProDytter can be set up in one of two different start up modes. In one of the modes it doesn't beep when you push the mode button. It is really easy to use once you understand the programming.
Push the mode button one time and wait for the ready light to flash. If it doesn't flash then there is a problem. If it does come on push the mode button again before the light goes out and hold it. The light will come back on again and that's when you should release the mode button. You are now in access or programming mode. You can now use the mode button to select each of three beep sounds and use the set button to change to the desired altitude.
The manual probably describes it better but I'm pretty sure that you won't always hear a beep just because you push the mode button.
I hope this helps and not just confuse you more. :P

ahhh... the problems is solved.. it is broken, I THINK.... Nothing happens, no READY light flash of any kind... I took the batteries out, waited... replaced them and then pressed MODE once, it beeped once and then ....nothing. Following your advice, I pressed MODE once and waited for the light in order to access programming mode...nothing still...>:(

here's what my prodytter does

tap MODE - cycles through the lights and beeps (self check)

tap MODE again, wait for the READY light to come on, and HOLD MODE until the red light turns off and turns back on. Let go of MODE - you should now have lights at the altitudes.

those things are pretty bombproof :)

I tried all that... I took out the batteries, waited the allotted time then rplaced them...once I screw the cover on the back I tap MODE and it beeps once... then, nothing.B| no lights, no self test, nothing...
L&B said it has a problem... BY the way, I am keepin an eye in your s listed on Ebay!!!;)

I will take it up and try, but... I emailed L&B, heard back within 3 minutes.... we went back and forth and they walked me through the replacement, what it did, no self test, no lights, just 1 beep etc.... Mads Larsen said "it is broken, send it to us" so, I am gonna go with what he said, especially since he said they would repair it for the DONUT ($0)!!

I will take it up and try, but... I emailed L&B, heard back within 3 minutes.... we went back and forth and they walked me through the replacement, what it did, no self test, no lights, just 1 beep etc.... Mads Larsen said "it is broken, send it to us" so, I am gonna go with what he said, especially since he said they would repair it for the DONUT ($0)!!

I told ya they would fix it for free. I be you will get a new one.;)