tbrown

Guys: A Health Tip From Rachel

All you guys out there, especially you younger ones (teens to about forty), Rachel here has some important news for you.
http://rachelgetsfruity.com/flash.html

Women do this with their boobies, but guys should be doing this with our 'nads too. Once a month, in the shower is a great place. (Then you can even kill a kitten to celebrate...)

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

There now, wasn't that fun.

On the more serious side, I had a brother who died of this shit. What actually killed him was the denial he went through for probably close to six months. He self diagnosed and self medicated for infections & so on, then literally RAN out of his doctor's office and hid from the doc for another week, until the doctor personally walked him into the hospital. By then it had spread all over his body and multiple surgeries and rounds of chemo could not save him.

It almost always happens in just one nut and the bad nut has to go. But life goes on with one nut. You can even father children bangin' on just one nut. But it's SO curable now there's just no excuse not to be on the lookout for it.

Yet testicular cancer seems to remain the one cancer that's just not "polite" to talk about. Boys need to learn about it when they hit puberty, so if you've got teenage sons, they'd love to meet Rachel too (I'm sure...). Blue skies & healthy 'nads to all.

:):D:D Good thread T. To any women who read this thread this is for you. In 1980 I was in the shower, doing the exam. I found a lump in each of the girls. :( Very small lumps. I had cancer. :o So I had a bilateral radical mastectomy. Caught it in time to save my life. They were able to do cosmetic surgery, so I don't look like my brother. Understand? :)
Sandy

"My name is Lennie Hall, and I've only got one ball..." :D:S

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

i was diagnosed about 5 years ago... luckily they got it early.. its a long story but i was at a sports physical i wasnt suppose to have for another year when they found it.. if i waited a year who knows if it would have been treatable..

what is strange about testicular cancer is that it tends to be more common in YOUNGER men than in men over 40.

But yeah, it is curable if they catch it in time.

---

BTW, that was a very effective public health message. Guys will actually pay attention to that.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

what is strange about testicular cancer is that it tends to be more common in YOUNGER men than in men over 40.

BTW, that was a very effective public health message. Guys will actually pay attention to that.

Thanks, my wife sent it to me and I immediately thought of all my horndog skydiving bros.

Testicular generally IS a young man's disease, usually occurs between the onset of puberty and age forty (after which you can start worrying about the prostate instead). It's also more common among whites than non-whites, and among those guys who were born with an undescended testicle. You're also at higher risk if a brother has had it, so I'm at higher risk and keep checking even though I'm about to turn fifty.

Bottom line is don't panic and don't be stupid - like my brother, who is 35 forever.

Hell, Lance Armstrong not only went on to win seven Tours de France, he fathered at least one child with his ex-wife and is currently fucking Sheryl Crow's brains out - all on one nut. So there IS life after an early diagnosis.

Sort of gives new meaning to the word "cutaway", though it's every bit as urgent and for all the same reasons.