MC208B

what would you do?

Hey NON of the above.
It looks like you live in a wonderfull part of the world, so look around you and see that there is loads of good stuff around you as well.
I really hope that things cannt be THAT bad - Talk to someone.
Good Luck Mate.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Hey NON of the above.
It looks like you live in a wonderfull part of the world, so look around you and see that there is loads of good stuff around you as well.
I really hope that things cannt be THAT bad - Talk to someone.
Good Luck Mate.

Usually easier said than done. I stand by what I said, with fallingchip's correction in.

If you were in the position in life that I am, would you 1: eat a bullet. 2. jump and go in? I'm fuckin tied of this shit, please advise.

Whatever is going on, you have options. Your #2 bothers me because our sport shouldn't be abused that way. Don't give up..Reach out to friends, family or professional support. Life is full of ups and downs, you need to learn coping skills when things don't go as well as planned.

Hang in there and know that you are not alone.

Don't know anything about your position, but don't choose a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Death is sort of irreversable. Once you select that all future choices are sort of off the table so to speak.

Find a way to make small progress. Go to the dog pound and ask them to hold a kitten. Take that kitten and put it close to your face. Breath in deeply the smell and feel of that little kitten. Do it a couple of times. It won't change your position, but you'll have spent a couple of seconds doing something wonderful.

Vaya con Dios

Write a 99 page essay on why you should do it. If we think you have good enough reasons, we'll provide the bullet. Attempt to take your life in this sport and live, then I'll kill ya. Any questions ? Suck it up.
Straighten up and think right. You have more skydives to make. More love to give and receive. Cool things to see, hear, and feel. Think of all you would have missed if you did this many years ago. How many times have you laughed in those years ? There are people who are in much worse situations who would slap you up for thinking like that. Then they would help you with all the hope they have.

If you're seriously at a point in your life where suicide seems like a viable option, you're at a point few people can understand. All the talk about suicide being the ultimate selfish act and suicide being a permanent solution to a temporary problem seems logical, but that doesn't matter to you because all you want right now is for the pain to end. Sure, things might be better five years down the road, but right now you can't see five minutes down the road because you can't see past your immediate, insufferable, incessant pain. Realize that the human mind and the human spirit are MUCH tougher than most of us assume, and you CAN take it. It's amazing how long you can actually cling to the ragged edge. Once you've accepted that you can get through this, seek some help. Nobody should try to make it through something like this alone, and the feelings you're having aren't the kind of thing you want to ignore. Blue skies.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

First off take a deep breath and think about it for a minute. Your in Hawaii my friend at the same dz I was at for 3 years while I was in the army. You have some awesome people there at Skydive Hawaii you can talk to and get the things that are on your chest bothering you in the open. Besides that there are clinics you can get couseling. The biggest thing is suicide will do nothing but give you a really bad name once your gone. Think about your family and friends on what they will have to endure after you comit the act and are gone forever. It is not worth it me friend. Everybody gets depressed in life, but we have to deal with it and move on. Hell I got depressed on the island at one point. But my fellow soldiers and some of my friends at the dz got me through it and I am sure you will to. Keep your head up! You'll make it through!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I called Skydive Hawaii and made sure they are aware of what is going on and to make sure he does not jump this weekend. Also, if anyone there knows him please check up on him immediately.

Please know that whatever it is you are going through is temporary and that life is actually a beautiful thing. You need to get help resolving your issues. Life is too precious not too.

I hope you take this post as a friend doing a friend a favor.

I'm sorry about the stupid post people. And thank you for your concerns. My life doesn't suck as badly as I sometimes think it does. Now that I am sober (with a hell of a hangover ). B| Once again, sorry for alarming all my skydiving friends here.

If you're close enough to that edge to even look over, you're probably not going to magically move away from it. So please, because you're a good guy and I'd hate to miss reading your posts -- go find someone to talk to. Really.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Having been in a similar mood many years ago, I can only hope you are kidding. If you are not, seek help. Sometimes a short stint on prozac or zoloft is all you need to even things out. other times more long term. I too have a great deal of shit. I also have friends and family and skydiving. When I take a step back I always see there are those who are worse off than I am and realize how good I really have it. Please know you have friends too.

edited to add:
I recently had a skydiving friend kill herself using pills and booze. she only saw the pain in the now. she left behind many friends. My Sister also killed herself. She used a pistol. You DO NOT want to do that! Skydiving is all about living life. We "Commit Life" every time we jump.

I jump and hang out with friends, help others...

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez