Seven7Five

Advice on used equipment

I guess this question is aimed at riggers mainly, or anyone who might have a pretty good idea on the value of used equipment.

I am currently trying to buy a Stunts Eclipse container and reserve from the DZO she told me to make her an offer for it. I was hoping somebody on the forum could help me figure out about how much the container and reserve are worth. Here are the specs on the equipment..

Stunts Eclipse, DOM:4/97. The container looks like it is in good condition, I am guessing it has had at least 600 jumps, but it looks as if it was taken care of well.

Reserve: PD 193R DOM: 9/96 # of jumps: Unknown

The reserve has been inspected and repacked recently, so I know it is in good condition.

Any advice on how much this container and reserve are worth would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure I get a fair deal. Thanks!

Pic:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/mixlife/IMG00064.jpg
David Aaron Hewel
DJ/Graphic Designer
www.skydivetahoe.com

Eclipses have long been discontinued, but are nice containers overall.
The PDRs value will be greately influenced by the amount of repacks and rides that it has.

Assuming that information is unknown to me, and assuming the container is complete with risers and dbag, I would say the "fair" range for you to pay for it is $750-1000

just one perons opinion