marcelloskydive

info on laser 7 main conopy?

i have a laser 7 227 square foot canopy but i don't have a slider for it, does anyone know where i can find one or somebody who can make one to exact specs. thanks

What year is it? Bob Chaffin was the last to make the laser and rascals, unfortunately he passed a couple of years ago. You might try riggerlee here on dz.com. I believe he was given many of the specs for the canopies he built.

Other than that, Id say try to find someone else with a laser and get the specs. I know he sold many of them to Cessna DZ's as student canopies so you might try those as well.

Good luck
J

Other than that, Id say try to find someone else with a laser and get the specs.

I am not in the shop yet this AM, but I THINK that all of the sliders were the made the same size for all of the canopies.

I have some of the info in the shop and will post what I have later.

BS,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Other than that, Id say try to find someone else with a laser and get the specs.

I am not in the shop yet this AM, but I THINK that all of the sliders were the made the same size for all of the canopies.

I have some of the info in the shop and will post what I have later.

BS,
MEL

Thats great, I almost posted that I thought they were the same size, and if not, just go measure a Spectre and go slightly larger. LOL
Thanks
Mel

If nothing else, wouldn't it be possible to get copies of the Laser's TSO documentation with the speccs for the slider? Or was it only the L9's that were tso'd as reserves?

-MaxGrav
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Hi Blind,

If nothing else, wouldn't it be possible to get copies of the Laser's TSO documentation with the speccs for the slider?

Good point. I've always wondered if it would be possible to get the specifications (FAA-speak) via the Freedom Of Information Act.

You might contact the nearest Aircraft Certification Office of where the company was located last and contact them.

What's to be lost but some time?

JerryBaumchen