Thanatos340

Which Containers are Currently Available with MARD system?

What rigs can currently be ordered with a MARD System (Skyhook, DRX or other) and what manufacturers have MARD modifications available for existing rigs?

Is Mirage shipping Rigs with the DRX system yet and will this mod be available for existing Mirage Rigs?
Has anyone other than Sunpath licensed the Skyhook and can existing Javelins be retrofitted with a Skyhook?

Infinity?

Wings?

Aerodyne?

I am thinking about buying a new rig and Just wanting to find out what is currently available and what may be available in the near future.

As far as my knowledge, none of the rigs on the market can be retrofitted. It requires major changes to the rig. I don't know who all is selling them. I only know of the vector, mostly cause I'm a supporter and wouldn't buy anything else right now.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

As far as my knowledge, none of the rigs on the market can be retrofitted. It requires major changes to the rig. I don't know who all is selling them. I only know of the vector, mostly cause I'm a supporter and wouldn't buy anything else right now.

Any Vector 3 or Sigma without a Skyhook can be retrofitted with a SkyHook at UPT.

Mark Klingelhoefer

As with any significant introduction of new technology you can expect a number of licensed and competing designs to be introduced. I own a vector 3 and will have it retrofitted this winter. If you happen to own a different brand of rig then see what your rig manufacturer can offer. I haven't seen the drx yet but I'm really interested to see how it works.

-Michael

Like it was posted, vector 3 comes with and can be retro fitted. Javelin is available with the same skyhook as UPT. Not sure about the retro fit. Rigger Ryan prob knows.

The Mirage last I heard has not gotten it ready for distribution. Personally Would rather it be in the market place for a period before buying one for myself.

vector and javelin are the only ones I know of. rumor mill has it that UPT is in discussions with at least 10 manufacturers.

javelins can NOT be retro-fitted. For the vector it's about $250, more if you don't already have an RSL. I had mine modified.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Hi Thanatos,

At this point in time it is my understanding that only Vector III & Javelin with their SkyHook system.

I do know of others that are in the testing phase at this time; not just SkyHook. No, I will not provide any additional information; that is up to each mfr to provide it, if & when they so choose.

I think that you will see some additional rigs with some system at PIA/Reno.

JerryBaumchen

What rigs can currently be ordered with a MARD System (Skyhook, DRX or other) and what manufacturers have MARD modifications available for existing rigs?

Is Mirage shipping Rigs with the DRX system yet and will this mod be available for existing Mirage Rigs?
Has anyone other than Sunpath licensed the Skyhook and can existing Javelins be retrofitted with a Skyhook?

Infinity?

Wings?

Aerodyne?

I am thinking about buying a new rig and Just wanting to find out what is currently available and what may be available in the near future.

Hey Jay
You cannot retrofit a Javelin. All rigs as of about 2 years ago are built skyhook ready with the option to add later but older than that, no SH is available.
Of course you know my vote for which rig;)

be well
J