CazmoDee

Helmet Lens

I have an old Sky Systems Carbon Fire helmet that needs a new lens. Problem is, they're not manufactured any more. I was able to find one on Ebay, but it needs replacing now. Anyone ever make their own? I found a source, (tapplastics.com) I'm wondering about thicknesses, correct tools for cutting and such. Oh, and please don't suggest just getting rid of the lens and trying sunglasses. I'm doing that now.
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313

Can you post a picture of your helmet?

I haven't been in the sport that long, so I might be wrong, and hopefully someone will correct me if I am, but I think....

Carbon Fire is a type of material the Sky Systems use to make their helmets. Makes them lighter I believe.

My first helmet was a Factory Diver and had "Carbon Fire" (or maybe worn "Carbon Fiber") lettering stickers on it. It could be that your helmet is a Factory Diver or Oxygen but it was called "Carbon Fire" because that's what its made out of.

I could be wrong though...

If you post a picture, we'll have a better idea.

I believe my helmet predates the Oxyng. Picture a Factory Diver with threaded holes on the sides for the flip up lens to mount. There are no "cover plates" over the mounting bolts. Mine had the "Carbon Fire" stickers as well. I just assumed that was the model name. In the audible pocket, there is a tab that says Factory Diver & Go Fast. The most distinctive feature is the tab and snap on the bottom edge of the lens. Remove the lens and it looks like any normal Factory Diver.
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313

I believe my helmet predates the Oxyng. Picture a Factory Diver with threaded holes on the sides for the flip up lens to mount. There are no "cover plates" over the mounting bolts. Mine had the "Carbon Fire" stickers as well. I just assumed that was the model name. In the audible pocket, there is a tab that says Factory Diver & Go Fast. The most distinctive feature is the tab and snap on the bottom edge of the lens. Remove the lens and it looks like any normal Factory Diver.

It's an FP-1 by SkySystems. I have visors in stock. Here is the link:

http://www.chutingstargear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_41&products_id=477

Mike
ChutingStar.com