wildcard451

Learning Spanish

Well, I have some free time over the next month, so I figure it is about time I learn some spanish, since it will be useful for my line of work.

Anyone here know any good teach yourself programs or any other good ways to go about getting a basis in the language for those of us that can't take classes?
B|

Tip #1 - if Mexico doesn't fit in your schedule, how does S. Florida sound? English is soooo not the first language in most of Miami. :)
Other than that, I have the Pimsleur Spanish cd's that allow me to work on it my free (ha!!) time. It's all audio work in conversational Spanish. I like to practice with my very tolerant Cuban and Columbian friends. You can watch the Spanish channels on tv to try and pick up as much as you can. It helps, but the best is interacting. That's when I go to Miami! I was at a grocery store and the woman at the register spoke NO english...opportunities abound if you seek them out.

B|
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

There are many self teaching programs. Although they do require serious dedication and commitment. Now, according to your profile, you jump at Orange right? So get any of the tapes or CDs programs, and start the basics. Then talk with Jaime at manifest, her Spanish is very good. There's a bunch of us in the Metro DC area that speak very good Spanish, including myself. We will be more than happy to engage in conversations in Spanish and walk you though.
PM me if you are interested :)
JM

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

I am actually burning the Pimsleur introductory CDs to mp3 right now so I can return them to Barnes and Noble tomorrow :P Plus I have a medical spanish book I am gonna work on while I am out in the boonies for the next month.

And thanks a lot for the offer to engage my non-spanish speaking butt while out at the DZ.

Man, I should have burned those Pimsleur cd's a looooong time ago and sold 'em on ebay or something!

Oh, find someone cool to teach you all the cuss words (and the naughty ones, too)! Those are the most fun! :)
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Man, I should have burned those Pimsleur cd's a looooong time ago and sold 'em on ebay or something!

Oh, find someone cool to teach you all the cuss words (and the naughty ones, too)! Those are the most fun! :)

Write it out girl! I know enough to know what they say, I think.

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

Hi, I,m bolivian I would like to practice my english with you and if you want to learn some spanish I can help you.

please do you know how much weigh a ball have to have to fall the same speed as a person in box position?

regards
gabriel
Bolivia??? Skydive there??? let´s do it!!!!