Deyan

Rigging license

How or where I can check someones FAA rigging license?
The "rigger" refuse to show me his license.And I start to doubting that he's a rigger,so I'd like to check.
Blue skies
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

The rigger - customer relationship is all about trust. When you get your rig back from your rigger, you have to TRUST that all is well under that red thread. If you have to check his credentials on the www because he won't produce them.... you two don't have that trust established.

Without trust, I wouldn't use him even if he is officially rated by the FAA. I know at least one rated rigger who I don't trust. I don't let him work on my gear. Some folks have asked me "Why?". Because of his behavior, I simply don't trust him.... plain and simple.

There is a reason that the very first element of the Boy Scout Law is that a "Scout is trustworthy". Without honor, what else do you have?
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

What Matt said, but be aware that there may be multiple pages labeled 1 2 3 etc. You may need to click on another page to see the rigger rating. Also know that the date issued may not be the initial license. If he added a rating or master it will be the date of the last change. So if he tells you he's been a rigger for 20 years and it only shows 5 that may be why.

Frankly I've never had anybody ask, but I'd be glad to show them if I had it with me. I DON'T routinely have it with me away from home.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Hi Terry,

I was taking the exam for an additional rating and when we finished the local FAA-type asked me for my Riggers License as he was going to take it & then issue me a temp on the spot. I told him I didn't carry it with me & that it was home in a secure place. He did NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL. He 'politely' informed me that anytime that I practiced rigging I must have my license with me. OOOOOPSIE :o

He also was a decent guy and 'suggested' that I put in a for a replacement license due to loss and then I would have one for a secure place and one to carry with me.

Just a little tip for those who might be interested,

JerryBaumchen

I rarely rig away from home, so not violating anything. I think it's a stretch to interpret any regulation or advisory that I can find that you have to carry it. You have to present it if requested. Something else to argue about!B| (not necessarily you and I but dz.com)

I DID know I had to surrender the old one when I added a rating and got a master ticket.;)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Thanks a lot.The guy IS NOT A RIGGER.
Let me explain...I was a military rigger and don't need someone else to touch my gear.The problem become when this guy(DZ manager)grounded some jumpers because their reserves wasn't pack by FAA rigger.(these jumpers are not USA citizens so I don't think that they need FAA rigger.The DZ is group member on USPA,but is not located in USA).He said that they can jump,but after reserve repack,and because he's a FAA rigger,the problem can be solved for a small fee(40 euros) know the guy and I know his "rigging" skills.That's why I wrote this post.

Blue skies
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Sounds like a scam.

The FAA only cares about American citizens jumping TSOed gear out of American-registered airplanes.

Trying to IMPOSE FAA standards in other countries is silly.

Federal Air Regulations may be good guidelines and it may be foolish to ignore FARs (e.g jump a reserve repack older than 120/180 days), but they are not LAW outside of the USA.

Rob Warner
FAA Master Rigger
CSPA Rigger Instructor