humanflite

Been offered a Pro Dytter - Is it worth buying?

Looking for some input please!

Ive been offered a Pro Dytter for a fair price (half of retail cost) and this will be my first audible alti.

Are they a good piece of kit and should I buy it or hold out and buy a Neptune or something else?

Im not really too bothered about the extra data that the Neptune gives... but then maybe if I had one I would like it ;)

HELP!

If you're just looking for an audible and not all the other features, Pro Dytters are great. I got a good deal on one and have never had the desire to get one of the "fancier" ones. I simply wouldn't use the data they give often enough to justify the price.

Looking for some input please!

Ive been offered a Pro Dytter for a fair price (half of retail cost) and this will be my first audible alti.

Are they a good piece of kit and should I buy it or hold out and buy a Neptune or something else?

Im not really too bothered about the extra data that the Neptune gives... but then maybe if I had one I would like it ;)

HELP!

Absolutely,
L&B makes a great audible.

Thanks for the input guys :)
My other concern was are they a lot bigger physically than the brand new all singing audibles?
They dont seem to be by looking at pictures?

But if Ive got a normal sized head and helmet with audible pocket (I have) ....do they make the helmet uncomfy?

thanks

If youre looking for a "no frills" ditter you may also want to check out the Optima. They run about $170. I have one and love it. Never have jumped a pro-ditter but to me a ditter is a ditter (at least as far as L&B is concerned). Never go wrong with L&B they have excellent customer service (not like Ive ever needed it because they make fantastic products).:)

Muff #5048

Half retail price? Go for it. If nothing else, you can sell it later and get most of your money back.
If you later decide you want the data logging, you would then have a back-up audible (recommended for freeflying, right?)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Most helmets have been designed with Pro-Dytter and Pro-Track in mind, as they've been around so long. The newer, smaller ones only came out in the last 2 years and the difference in not really significant. I'm happy I still had mine (Pro-D.) and hadn't sold it as my new Optima decided to give up during a day of jumping. Now, 10 days later I have my replaced Optima from L&B, their service is bar none. Pro-Dytters are rocksolid.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I use Pro Dytters in both of my helmets as audibles; they are great. I use a Neptune to log jumps and as my visual alti.

Thanks for the info.

I am interested in a Neptune mainly for when under canopy at this stage.
Can anyone please tell me, how accurate are they?
and what height are they accurate to?

eg/ would it be accurate at 10ft off the ground, in addition to say 800 feet off the ground?

Also, my Pro Dytter has now arrived ;).. I am surprised by how small it is (I thought it was bigger physically from the pictures) however it has not got a helmet mounting bracket.

Do they come with these as stock please? (I know some helmets have a pocket already but I want to know if I need to request this part from the seller!)

Only if the Pro Dytter you bought was brand new.

The helmet clip comes with the audible for free.
But most people throw it away since almost every helmet you can put the audible inside the helmet.

You can buy a spare one for about 6 bucks!

Only if the Pro Dytter you bought was brand new.

The helmet clip comes with the audible for free.
But most people throw it away since almost every helmet you can put the audible inside the helmet.

You can buy a spare one for about 6 bucks!

Thanks Carlo

Can anyone answer this please

I am interested in a Neptune mainly for when under canopy at this stage.
Can anyone please tell me, how accurate are they?
and what height are they accurate to?

eg/ would it be accurate at 10ft off the ground, in addition to say 800 feet off the ground?