Flyfast

Vector II V2-2 Container question

Anyone jump a Vector V2-2 with a 170 zp canopy?
I got a newer (2000ish) Diablo i want to stick in it but im not sure how tight it will be...

UPT manual says V2-2 Main Pack volume is Min-400 Max-480

Not sure what the pack volume is for the 170 Diablo....that might give me my answer.

Any help is appreciated
ZC OG

A Diablo packs up pretty big due to the fabric used. Not sure about numbers but it packs up bigger than a spectre, sabre, safire and springo of the same size (I've had them all LOL). It also is a high performance canopy, meaning suitable for ~400 jumps and up. It is very twitchy on opening and very easy to hurt yourself with toggle turns. Unless you have way more than 100 jumps, I'd pass on that one even if it would fit.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

PIA's volume study give the diablo 170 at 480 cu. in. A triathlon 190 at 509.

I have a Triathlon 190 in a V-5. It fits well and full. The 2-2's I know had Stilleto 150's in them. Remember canopy volume and container volume may + - 10% for each. So if you have a 'big' canopy and a 'small' container it may not go at all. No matter what it would be very full. I'd think a V-4 or V5 a better fit.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I checked with UPT before buying a Vector II V2-2, and was told it would hold a typical 170 - 190 main. (before I knew how to find and read a packing volume chart) BTW, they said a PD160 reserve would fit well, but 176 would be "tight". Don't just take my word for it though. Call UPT (very helpful people), or check their website.

Thanks for the info guys

I called UPT and talked to Mark K who was very helpful. He went over the pack volumes of the container and the canopy and determined it would be fine..

I bought the container and hooked up the canopy and just like it said it fits like a glove!

Now if i can only get my hands on a PD 160R....
ZC OG