The111

Freefly bungee with disconnect?

I started freeflying again recently and realized I will need a legstrap bungee again (removed mine long ago). I met a guy once (Fredrik from Sweden) who had an RSL shackle on his bungee which allowed him to disconnect it while hooking up his wingsuit. How many other people have something like this? What other methods are there? I was thinking of a fastex clip maybe. Do most people make these themselves or just get a rigger to do it?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Most people I see and fly with just have a small RSL shackle to connect/disconnect the legstraps quickly..

Mine is in a small tube/pocket on the bottom of the legstrap (so you dont get an rls shackle imprint on your ass when you sit on it)B|

Instead of an RLS shackle I use a small connector link.
Nice and flat so you dont feel it, and flush against the bottom of my legstrap.

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Mine is made of 2 softlinks - ones with metal ring's on 'em. So I only sit on a softlink, much nicer to sit on than an rsl shackle ;) Pretty easy to do and un-do. It doesn't stretch so this design needs some work if you're freeflying with it (I hardly ever do) than the tension on the legstrap padding/tape can get a bit much. Should be easy though to adapt the design a bit and include a bungee - maybe a small loop on both ends with the 2 softlinks in the middle. For now, mine are just sown to the legstrap tape. Been jumping like that for 200 jumps or so, seems to hold up alright and it works pretty neat :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Might be a good idea not to have something with a spring loaded gate. Never no what might sneak in there. A seat belt, a suspension line, canopy material doing CRW.

I know, not very likely but it's one thing that some of us thought about when we used to have a carabiner on our harness to stow our main ripcords.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE