Anvilbrother

When is the best time to book airline(southwest) fights?

I am going to WFFC and I am stuck about when to buy the tickets. Is is best to wait till it gets closer, or do it now. Also is there a best time of weak, and time of day to get the cheapest prices. IE. Wed. at midnight?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I's a Craps game, I have noticed that depending on the city.... the airlines put the tix up for full price at first. I always watch prices everyday from about 3 months away you will see them fall, fall, fall...
now the thing is you have to pick them up when they start to head back up again......
Now this has been what has worked for me, dont buy to early and dont wait to long..... and download sidestep http://www.sidestep.com/air/...... it has been a great help for me....:)
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

i have found its best to do it about a month or more out and aim for the middle of the week if you want to get the $89 one-way internet tickets. That way with tax and all the added on charges your paying around $260-$280.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Go to www.southwest.com and make your reservation. They offer $99 internet specials to a ton of places. They fill up quick, but it is worth a shot, and it doesn't matter when you travel. If they haven't filled the number of internet specials for each flight they are available at $99.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

well southwest is a first come first served kinda place. So if your not in line to get your seat and the plane fills up there might be a problem.

if you can't find any good deals on Southwest I HIGHLY reccomend Frontier airlines if they fly out of your local hug. They fly brand spanking new Airbus A340 i believe and they have Satalite TV for $5 on the plane!!!! The last time i flew they were cheaper than Southwest too.

Screw Southwest...
they out source their aircraft heavy maintenance to cheap outfit in canada, and some 3rd party cheap sweat shop in AZ. they pay like 12 bucks hour to fix their aircraft...

check around you can get ticket to St Louis almost as cheap as southwest. try for willard airport on American connection (trans states airways) from st Louis or American Eagle from chicago and rates will be competive with SOUTHWORST

If you book your ticket online you get a guaranteed seat. I've been doing it for a long time now and have never had any problem. For example I'm going to see my SO in 2 weeks. She is in LA for the summer and I'm in Kansas. The total trip is costing me $220 roughly. Can't beat that deal.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

They fly brand spanking new Airbus A340

They fly brand spanking new Airbus A340 ?? Airbus 340?? that's a big airctaft 4 engine fuel hog... I think your thinking of Airbus 319 or 320

I don't care much for airbus aircraft. fly by wire with computer over riding pilot control inputs...been few crashes because pilot and computer were each tryin fly aircraft...

I think your thinking of Airbus 319 or 320

Yeah.............that's what he meant. Frontier is pretty good for a "smaller" airline. They actually give a shit about their security too. Unlike MOST of the airlines in the US. If there is one airline that I WOULD NOT reccomend to anyone it would be SouthWORST. They have the NASTIEST DIRTIEST SMELLIEST planes I have EVER been in. The "No assigned seating" sucks ass. You'll get 1 drink max during a 2 hour flight and you BETTER ask for "The whole can." Their bathrooms are TERRIBLE! Let me see..........I have to come up with something good to say so they do have mostly young mostly cute flight attendents. Of course..........they also have an inordinate amount of guys that are FA's there. [:/] If saving a buck is worth having a shitty flying experience then go for it.

[reply If saving a buck is worth having a shitty flying experience then go for it.

Ehh, you get what you pay for. I just flew Southwest round trip between Ft Lauderdale & Boston (a 3-hour flight) on an Internet special for $63 each way, which adding tax, fees, etc. cost me $159 total. That's pretty damned good. I left Wed & returned Tues, & booked only about 10 days in advance. The plane & service were about the same as any other airline. As for the no-reserve seating, just make a sport out of it; there's always some little old lady you can elbow down to the ground as you & the rest of the cattle stampede thru the access tube. Great fun.

When is the best time to book airline(southwest) fights?

I can't believe
1) That nobody picked up on it yet
2) That I'm the asshat that has to state the obvious...

Fights on SW can be booked anytime but the flight attendants are all heavy-weights so book with care. :D

God I love typos...sometimes they come out SO funny.:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You can book Southwest to Midway or St. Louis and drive. You also have the option if your in a city served by Airtran to book them to Bloomington-Normal which is just 50 Miles or so west of Rantoul.

Airtran has or had a sale going on.

Southwest sometimes has good fares to Midway.

Chris

Don't know where you are flying out of but consider ATA as another cheap airline alternative. Their hub is in Indy and its only a 2 hr drive from Indy to WFFC. . .From Los Angeles that trip will cost less than 200 bucks. . .

Always check hubs that are close to your destination. . .you can save big bucks that way. . .rent a car using priceline for REAL CHEAP (trust me here. . .lowball them and stick with your pricing - you will get it - don't worry about what they tell you is the going rate). You will get unlimited mileage as well as a name brand rental company.
FGF #6
Darcy

www.skyhighairlines.com/

I can't believe I almost forgot about this one. :D:D:D Make sure to explore ALL the links!

Fights on SW can be booked anytime but the flight attendants are all heavy-weights so book with care.

I actually saw that right off. My first thought was "With their clientel..........you can get that at ANY time." :D

First Off, badmouthing an airline that has a number of skydiving employees in all phases of their operation is in bad taste.

Second, Southwest Airlines Chief of Safety worked very hard for you and me and all skydivers to get the Cypres AAD approved in the US for safe carriage on their airline and all commercial airlines.

Southwest is a very good airline with very good dedicated employees.

A lot of airlines contract out their C-checks and other heavy maintenance. Some do it in house

As far as fares go, Southwest is running a number of special deals and also has "Ding" software for download where they will send you their daily fare specials.

Chris
Southwest Rapid Rewards member

First off, you do realize that Clay used to be an Air Marshall right? Also I'm sure that he wasn't badmouthing several specific empoyees as he said "Southwest sucks" and not "Joe Blow sucks at his job"

Second, the USPA, TSA, FAA and all the Airlines got the Cypres problem solved not the Security Chief of one airline.

Third, Southwest is not a very good airline. They are an average to slightly above average airline. I have been flying them for most of my life and whenever i get the chance to Fly another one i jump at the chance to get away from the dirty seats, cattle call style bording, and peanuts.

Forth, If you take everything said here so personally your gonna drive yourself nutty and get into alot of fights.

A lot of airlines contract out their C-checks and other heavy maintenance. Some do it in house

yea but SouthWorst send their C checks out country where its cheap (Canada) others like JetBlue and Amerca West send their to El Salador where I doubt they can even read manuals (english) and get paid like 300 a month. United Sends their aircraft to China (Hong Kong) and Korea now..Northwest is trying to do the same they already do.. but now trying lay off 2,034 mechanics and send more work over seas..these over seas people don't have A&P license, drug test etc and I doubt they have any training either..

I don't think time of day matters.

I like Southwest a lot. Yes, it's cattle-call boarding, but so what? Get there early. Hint: get the seats in the front that face backwards. Almost nobody likes those, and they're in the very front - when you land, you'll be first out the door.

And for those who are critical of their cut-rate operation: Do you want to spend your money on the trip? Wouldn't you rather spend it at your destination?

I bought a round-trip SEA-MDW last week for $275 all told (including taxes. etc.)

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Also I'm sure that he wasn't badmouthing several specific empoyees as he said "Southwest sucks" and not "Joe Blow sucks at his job"

Yeah..........it's the way they run their business. Hard to blame them..........they are one of the few airlines that have actually been making money. They are serving "The Masses" and their customers don't seem to care that they are put in those conditions. :S If you only travel once or twice a year you'll probably not even notice the awful conditions. I will be glad to compliment the employees. They were often the only factor that made "working" on Southwest tolerable. They probably had some of the NICEST flight crews of any airline. I don't remember EVER having a "run in" with any members of their flight crew. Gate agents and other employees..........yes..........flight crew........no. :D I even had a Captain that apologized PROFUSELY for the behavior of a gate agent. I said "Thank You but .......We get that all the time." :S Their security was some of the worst I have seen. Awful in fact depending on the location. [:/]

Check out american eagle. I just got back from chicago. Flew round trip Jacksonville, FL to Chicago O'hare for $140 round trip. and If I woulda been willing to drive to a bigger airport. like orlando, and even Ft lauderdale, they were offering $119 round trip...(both including all taxes, fees, etc)

Now granted you fly on one SMALL ass plane, about the size of a king air :D but the seats are comfy, and you cant beat the price:)
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...

That’s a very sweeping statement. Just because something is not done in your country, doesn't necessarily mean the quality is any less, heck it could even be better.

I don’t know enough about the industry to make a factual comment, but i do know from your post you're just making an assumption based on geography.

Open your mind! :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies