cocheese

Did you sunset track dive ?

We had perfect weather and an otter load of trackers.
Had a spiritaul dive that felt pretty good as i tracked away from the sun, still looking at it,feeling like superman doing a fly-by. The angels were saying "yes, keep jumping. This is why"

We did a couple jumps at sunset today. One was a tracking dive with about 30 minutes sun left, and the last one was a 6,000' load with a beautiful horizon. Stuff like that makes you realize what an awesome sport we participate in and how lucky we are. :)

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

I did not do a tracking dive, but I did have a nice sunset freefall from a higher-than-usual altitude on the last load of the Otter boogie weekend.

I was solo on that load... jumped after a 20 way that exited the plane. "There's that 20 way below"
"There's Kingston" ... "Beautiful sunset" ... "Ah yes, Ottawa's that way" .... Just a nice plain old relaxing solo freefall. And did a little pratice tracking for a few seconds cross-run.

No instructor to become nervous about (ahh... I gotta work on that! Stage fright, I do have. Performance anxiety. Although one of the nice instructor girls managed to calm me down a bit and succeed on some objective I had been having trouble with).

(Eventually, I'd love to be part of that sunset 20-way. That time will come eventually!)

We did a most fabulous 20-way tracking dive on Saturday night. We do large tracking dives at sunset quite often at our DZ as a means to get everyone together in the air. This was one of the nicest ones I have ever been on. 20 of us and we managed to keep it real tight while still keeping it relaxed. We were lucky enough to have Steve Curtis lead the dive and he made it a decent speed to keep us all together. Formed a nice big V.

For a great cause... had a great jump.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Nope -

We DID do a formation Hybrid though - 206/182 - almost turned the points too.

We'll get it eventually - Hybrid worked - but turning the pieces with hangrs is more challenging.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes sir we did. I led a small tracking dive, and we kept it slow till the bottom end but everybody was there. It was just one of those moments where everyone was smiling and you can just see the joy on their faces, knowing it was a good skydive, fun for all, and that's why we're there. :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.