GARYC24

Private Pilot lesson quote

I left for my checkride last November with 40.1 hours TT. I spent a grand total of $3300 using a C-152 @ $61/hr wet. I didn't buy the fancy DVDs or anything. Just read the book if you need, use Sporty's website for the written practice (I scored a 95% using only that site for a week) and save some bucks. (Granted, I paid $61/hr wet and only $18/hr for the CFI. That saved a lot.)

Best of luck!
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

Thanks for respones all.
However, just found out that these quotes have changes and was told nobody does it in 40 hours.
So, Private Pilot est. cost is between $8-10,000.

Estimated Instrument rating is $7,981.

They don't have 10 hr blocks, years ago it I went to place for $595 10 hr, then it went up to $695.

Single 1 hr instruction is $250 !..
So, it all on hold !..

That's the low side of what I'm gonna end up shelling out...:( But I am flying a 2001 Piper Warrior III, which makes a BIG difference in the rental rates. [:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Actually, the $ doesn't really bother me(even tho I don't make much, etc, blad blah, blah)
I see myself at least getting up to "Solo".
My truck will be paid off soon! That will speed things up in the next 6 months!
Thank all for reply..

The End.

I did it in 41 hours.

40.6 in a little over a month for me. If he can dedicate the time and has access to a plane, instructor, and good weather, he can save lots of time and big money by not having to re-learn things when the lessons are too spread out.

Like I said, for a new student I think a flying club is a good way to go. In my experience, they offer nicer planes, better maintenance, collective knowledge base, etc...plus you save $$. Especially as a student, you will be flying alot, while most club members won't be. The monthly dues paid by the club membership offset the cost of flying the aircraft. At an FBO, you pay for all of it, plus profit.