Darius11

I became an American Citizen today. : )

I have always loved this country as my home. Today I thought would just be a normal day I would get sworn in and be set. It was a lot more moving then I had expected. The Honorable Judge Martin gave a very moving speech. It reminded me and I think would have reminded any one of why this country is so great. He congratulated us and then asked us to embrace the American culture but never forget our own. He said to teach your children your language and bring you culture with you as that is what makes this country great. I can’t think of another place on this planet that would be this friendly to foreigners like my self.

He gave a beautiful speech I wish I had a copy of it but not only did it move me it moved my friend who was born here.
I feel good, I feel proud.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

That's wonderful!! Welcome to US citizenship! I'm so glad to have another good guy among our ranks!

I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I'll gladly stand up, next to you
And defend her still today
For there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA!

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Welcome to the winning team!

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I have always loved this country as my home. Today I thought would just be a normal day I would get sworn in and be set. It was a lot more moving then I had expected. The Honorable Judge Martin gave a very moving speech. It reminded me and I think would have reminded any one of why this country is so great. He congratulated us and then asked us to embrace the American culture but never forget our own. He said to teach your children your language and bring you culture with you as that is what makes this country great. I can’t think of another place on this planet that would be this friendly to foreigners like my self.

He gave a beautiful speech I wish I had a copy of it but not only did it move me it moved my friend who was born here.
I feel good, I feel proud.

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity and choice to become an American citizen, and I decided to become an American citizen, when I was 14. I am deeply moved, as well, just from reading your post. I know exactly how you feel right now.

Congratulations, Darius! :):)

Great News.

"I can’t think of another place on this planet that would be this friendly to foreigners like my self."

At this point, you don't have to claim the title of "foreigners like myself". Isn't that something?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Now PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER TO VOTE, and VOTE in Every Election! This is a right that many natural born citizens do not practice. And it DOES make a Difference!

Good Luck to you!
Marc

You can count on it.:)
and thank you all:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain