LIEBRICH401

MAKING FF TUBES

anyone out there have any good details about manufacturing tubes? more specific: what type of material for the handle (picture please) and where to buy it cheaply? i have the material and sewing knowlege, metal rings ect... just need the general know how from someone experienced at manufacturing tubes.

is there a general instruction to follow? please post the link if so.

gracias amigosB|

anyone out there have any good details about manufacturing tubes? more specific: what type of material for the handle (picture please) and where to buy it cheaply? i have the material and sewing knowlege, metal rings ect... just need the general know how from someone experienced at manufacturing tubes.

is there a general instruction to follow? please post the link if so.

gracias amigosB|

My rigger just used F111, PVC Pipe for the tube, Tubular webbing for the "Leash", and an old set of risers for the 2 ring cutaway (Foot mount only. I gave the tube away, so I don't have detailed pictures but here is the best I have.

Mark Klingelhoefer

Improvise, make it cheap and let it go (I strongly suggest you don’t deploy holding it). I made my own tube last year to celebrate my birthday with a special jump. I almost got myself killed but it was nothing related with the tube. Here are a couple of pictures of the construction. I made it with a water PVC pipe, cheap and light fabric, nylon cord and pieces of webbing. To make the ring I divided the pipe in equal segments and bent it on a flame. You first must decide what will be the ring diameter and then cut the length accordingly.
If you make it cheap and simple you won’t be afraid to lose it. Handle was made with a piece of the same PVC pipe
Have a nice jump!
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Hold the tube if it is the correct length. I've done 20-30 tube jumps on my own tubes an a loaner tube. I've only let one go and that was at exit due to a mal where the tube tied itself into a knot and was too unstable to hold.

I used an old 15 inch bike tire frame for the ring, super easy and fairly cheap. It cost about $3 at a local bike store since it was used. It was also the right size that a single piece of 50 inch wide material could be used with out having to piece it together and I had enough overlap to sew up the seams.

The length of the tube needs to be longer then the canopy and its lines so the end can not get in the lines on deployment.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I used schedule 80 PVC pipe and heated it over a gas BBQ grill. Electric conduit benders that electricians use work better if you know a sparky. The tubing will become flexible like a spaghetti noodle at very low temperatures that you can wrap around a bucket or barrel to get the shape until it cools in seconds. So hold it above the grill don't touch the grill unless you want to smell black toxic smoke. Sprinkler tube does not come in the thickness you will need.

You can get cheap 1.8 oz rip stop at sewing centers or ZP from para gear. Handles from all kinds of designs from borrowed ski-tows to spectra line inside of seal tight conduit ( electrical product).

Be a little crafty and enjoy. I always deploy holding mine. Even jumped it at night with a big light in it.