nlbatem

Harness fitting. Need help please

I am looking into buying a Mirage G4 from a 5 9" 190 lb guy. Im 6 ft and 170.

When I put the rig on the leg straps are fine but there is a lot of lift on the bag when pulled up. What straps mainly cause this? Also, which strap is the MLW and which is the lateral? Sorry Im a newbie and am trying to understand all of this. Thanks,

I am looking into buying a Mirage G4 from a 5 9" 190 lb guy. Im 6 ft and 170.

When I put the rig on the leg straps are fine but there is a lot of lift on the bag when pulled up. What straps mainly cause this? Also, which strap is the MLW and which is the lateral? Sorry Im a newbie and am trying to understand all of this. Thanks,

people have different body types, it may fit well, it may fit ok, or it may not fit at all.

here's what an MLW is :

http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/PDF/Support/Rigging/09114(MainLift).pdf

the lateral is waht wraps around your sides... laterally :)

I don't understand waht you mean by " but there is a lot of lift on the bag when pulled up".

For a G4 Mirage my guess is that anything with a 17" to 19" MLW will fit you ok, with the mid range being teh best fit. When you look at the Mirage tag (in the mudflap), the first number is the MLW length.

Of course, same advise for as for many others who have asked this question - CALL THE MANUFACTURER, AND GET THER OPINION.

http://www.miragesys.com/contact-us/

For an accurate answer, ask a local rigger/gear dealer/tailor to measure you as if you were ordering a brand new Mirage.
FAX that order form to the Mirage factory with a note requesting their opinion on whether the used Mirage (include serial number and date of manufacture) will fit you properly.
If not, the factory will tell you how the harness needs to be modified to fit you.
Harness modifications can be done by Master Riggers, but are often sent back to the factory.