tripleflip18

Used Gear Stores?

Hi, im in the need of Sabre 2 135, I've been trying to get one here in classifieds for the last 3-4 months without any luck. Problem is there are hardly any Sabres 2's smaller then 150. I've tried to find some stores online that sell Used Gear without any luck. Can you please recommend me some online or any kind of stores where i could find the canopy i need for a decent price.

I've got a brand new Micron comming In Jan and i'd like to have a canopy by then! I'd hate to buy a new canopy and go through all of pain in packing it. Thanks!

Hi, im in the need of Sabre 2 135, I've been trying to get one here in classifieds for the last 3-4 months without any luck. Problem is there are hardly any Sabres 2's smaller then 150. I've tried to find some stores online that sell Used Gear without any luck. Can you please recommend me some online or any kind of stores where i could find the canopy i need for a decent price.

I've got a brand new Micron comming In Jan and i'd like to have a canopy by then! I'd hate to buy a new canopy and go through all of pain in packing it. Thanks!

All the "stores" you mention are part of the same market. It's just tough to find a used Sabre2-135.. If you are willing, you may do better picking up a complete rig with the canopy from the classifieds and parting it out. Otherwise, I am afraid I don't have any helpful suggestions :(

good luck !

i've had all good landings, all soft as butter, so landings are no problem in different circumstances :)

Not to hijack the thread, but I really can't just leave that hanging out there.
There are many threads on here about jumpers at about your experience level downsizing too quickly, but refusing to listen to advice about it. Please read them. Please also talk this over thoroughly with experienced canopy pilots - and when you do so, resist the natural urge to go shopping for opinions that simply validate your desire to downsize.

It does make you wonder who he purchased the Micron off for such a small canopy with his jump numbers.
Saying that though, there must be a reason the gear store he purchased from has sold him something so small.

I think in my limited time in the sport i have only seen 2 girls on a 135 within their first 100 jumps and that was because they weighed around 50 kgs.

to the original poster. I am sure you have purchased this size because it was reccomended to you. Can you tell us why your instructors suggested this canopy to you and what your canopy experience is so far? Like how many jumps on a 150 have you got and what canopy it was or how many on a 170 etc?

Just hoping you can explain your comments to make sense of it to the people in the community who think it is a bad idea.

Also, how much do you weigh?

Were you advised that this is the correct size for you? If so, who from?

I dont mean to sound like i am drilling you, its just your comments as to landings smooth as butter etc seem like you could give some more information in to why you are on this canopy.

There is a few countries that you would not be allowed to jump this size canopy in. It is VERY rare for someone with under 100 jumps to order a container made for a 135 i would think. How many jumps did you actually have when you were told to buy this size canopy?

Cheers mate.

be safe!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

i've had all good landings, all soft as butter, so landings are no problem in different circumstances :)

you had AT MOST 100 soft landings. That's simply not enough data to say you won't have issues. If we look out further, and look at ALL the jumpers out there, it's easy to say that most get away with doing what you want to do, but some DO NOT.

Unless you are a big fan of having titanium in your body, I suggest stepping back and thinking hard.

I think I'm about the same exit weight as the OP (about 162lbs going by the 1.2 loading on a 135) and similarly have pretty much exactly the same number of jumps (98) and i'm only going to be downsizing to a Pilot 150 quite soon (a rig that I got through bigway) and that's where I plan to spend 100+ jumps I imagine. The thought of me jumping a 135 would scare me a bit just now, but then maybe the OP was cleared on a 150 a while ago for whatever reason and has had quite a few of his jumps on it and feels comfortable.

Maybe I'm too sensible and boring these days, but I've heard/read too many stories of people getting over confident and dellusions of grandeur to risk me becoming another statistic in that area!

Each to their own and at my level if I was feeling confident and an instructor gave me the thumbs up, I'd assume he knows what he's talking about.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

hey, I may have it (or will when my couriers finally get it to me), but I'm not jumping it till my CCI OKs me on the canopy!

170 is what I'm on, and will be staying on until then!! :)

Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

I know mate. I have taken safety measures and made sure customs intercepts it when it is coming through the airport. They will then release it to you once your CCi gives the nod.

Im not very funny am i. Think it has something to do with the kiwi dry humour.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store