mountainman

Watch out for scams when selling equipment...

As you know, I've been selling my gear on the Classified Ads here and also have them listed on Enclave. I believe this one came from Enclave because it didn't come through the DZ.com email form.

Anyway, I've been emailing this guy since Friday or so and today he sends me this:

Hello Brandon,
How are you doing? Thanks for the email and photos of the Rig. I will pay $3,300 for the Rig.Right now i'm out of town on business and won't be able see the Rig. I will just have to believe you on issues about the condition of the Rig.

As for payment, I will instruct my accountant to issue a cheque of $6,850. as i am not in the US at the moment. Once you receive the cheque i will like you to deduct your payment of $3,300 and then you will have to wire the excess amount to my shipper via Money Gram the moment you receive the cheque so that he can immediately come for collection of the Rig.
Pls let me know if i can trust you in wiring the excess funds to my shipper the same day you receive the cheque, as you know it is not easy to trust people nowadays.

Note: my shipper will be picking up some other heavy Automobiles for me in the US, including the Rig i am buying from you, this is why his shipping fee is that much.

This way you will be free from shipping hastles and stress, as my shipper will come over to your place for collection and shipping of the Rig once he receives the funds.
And if you are okay with this way of payment, pls mail me your full details (Name, address and phone numbers) so that my client can send you the payment.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Lloyd.

This came from a guy calling himself Lloyd Fisher and has this email address: [email protected].

Now, I've heard of a lot of scams and this would be one of them. However, I've never heard of one coming through skydiving equipment. I just want those out there to watch out for this.

Who knows, maybe he is buying some "heavy automobiles"...but I doubt it.

Does anyone know this guy? Is he legit?

I'm guessing he's not. So my question is this...is there anyone I should send all of this information to??

Sellers Beware!!
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

Once you receive the cheque i will like you to deduct your payment of $3,300 and then you will have to wire the excess amount to my shipper via Money Gram the moment you receive the cheque

That is so great, "the moment you receive the check".

He should be able to send you a money gram, or paypal instead of a check, but of course he won't, because it is a scam.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Its a very old scam that's been posted about here numerous times. I have a freind who owns some rental property and she had to deal with the same crap. She strung the guy along for a few weeks while she contacted the authorities. I'm not sure anything came of it but at least she didn't get taken in by it. I'm honestly surprised they still try this same scam- its so obvious and its been going on for so long I can't imagine they'd have too many suckers at this point. Plus, once you send that fake cashiers check through the mail or fedex, isn't that automatically a felony?

I've also had a few hits from Lloyd Fisher.

Ass Hat. That's all I have to say. I get several scam hits a month. It's why I process all of my web orders manually, so I can verify before I process cards or weed out any unusualy payment requests. It's annoying.

Nigeria and Indonesia are big red flags.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Its a very old scam that's been posted about here numerous times... I'm honestly surprised they still try this same scam- its so obvious and its been going on for so long I can't imagine they'd have too many suckers at this point.

It won't take to many suckers a $3300 a pop to make a fair amount of cash...

To me that seems like too small a payout to risk felony charges. However, since most of these folks are overseas and I guess they figure evem if they don't get away with it, there isn't a huge risk of being prosecuted.

I will pay $3,300 for the Rig... As for payment, I will instruct my accountant to issue a cheque of $6,850.

The moment someone wants to give you more than the agreed upon price for an item, it should send up huge red rocket flares!

Legitimate business is just not conducted in this manner!

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Hee Hee. Check out good ole Lloyds timing here. Just got this one this morning:

>>
Hello There
How are you doing? Thanks for the email and I will like to see some photos of the Complete rig . I am willing to pay $3,100 for the Complete Rig. Right now i'm out of town on business and won't be able to test drive the Rig. I will just have to believe you on issues about the condition of the Complete rig .

As for payment, I will instruct my accountant to issue a cheque of $6,850. as i am not in the US at the moment. Once you receive the cheque i will like you to deduct your payment of $3,100 and then you will have to wire the excess amount to my shipper via Money Gram the moment you receive the cheque so that he can immediately come for collection of the Complete rig .

Pls let me know if i can trust you in wiring the excess funds to my shipper the same day you receive the cheque, as you know it is not easy to trust people nowadays.

Note: my shipper will be picking up some other heavy Automobiles for me in the US, including the Complete rig i am buying from you, this is why his shipping fee is that much.

This way you will be free from shipping hastles and stress, as my shipper will come over to your place for collection and shipping of the Complete rig once he receives the funds.
And if you are okay with this way of payment, pls mail me your full details (Name, address and phone numbers) so that my client can send you the payment.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Lloyd.

<<
>:(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Please post his reply when someone asks him for a paypal payment or money gram instead of check.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Hey why not have him send you the check... you can frame it for the wall:)

That's a great idea, Jeanne!!! >:(

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I got the same one as you did. It's so funny that they think people will fall for this.

They actually do it because some people do fall for it. Much like they "unclaimed millions from Nigeria" emails...:D

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Sangiro,

This person e-mailed me directly, so it was either from my own web site or from enclave.com.

You are doing a great job at keeping the loonies at bay!

Hi GG

Here's a link to a websight devoted to driving the loonies loonyB|

http://www.419eater.com/

They warn against doing anything except ignoring the scammers (don't play games with them) unless you really know what your doing.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

In an effort to avoid retaining negative energy, I just click delete and let go of the anxiety at that point. :)

Me too, except for those paypal and ebay scams. those I forward to paypal and ebay. The rest? Highlight-Delete.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Sangiro:

I'm pretty sure mine was through Enclave as it didn't have the form info from Dropzone.com. Too bad he's using a Yahoo! account.

I may email [email protected] with this guy's info.

You can email [email protected] as well, they are pretty quick to respond and usually delete the scammer's account in a day or two. :)

Hey why not have him send you the check... you can frame it for the wall:)

That's a great idea, Jeanne!!! >:(

mh

yea but do you really want someone like that haivng your address?
how much junk mail, threatening letters and crap do you think you would get etc?[:/]

have him send it to someone you dislike LOL
My photos

My Videos