jumpjim

Painting a Factory Diver helmet...Any problems?

I'd like to spray paint my Factory Diver to match my new jump suit and forthcoming rig (I"m getting fat in my old age - hence the new jumpsuit ;)).

Questions are: What paint to use? Do you have to be careful of particular paints or does anything go? Anyone know anyone in the UK who can do a nice job spray painting and sealing it?

Thanks in advance.

You could ask Alan Thompson, Jr... the deaf Brit skydiver who video's one of the best 4 way teams in England... He has a kick-ass Union Jack paint scheme on his helmet.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Krylon 'Fusion' spray paint is made specifically for plastics - it chemically bonds to the plastic; however, given that it is a spray paint, it may not be the best choice. I'd say anything other than a solid color or a simple pattern would probably be best left to a professional.

Just my 2 cents... Good luck!
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Whoever does it for you, just make sure that they account for any mold-release agents that might be on the helmet after manufacturing. There's nothing like hitting it with the first coat and seeing those evil fish-eyes staring back at you.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)