nlbatem

Resizing Mirage Harness

Im looking into buying a Mirage G4 container used. One that I found is from a guy who was 5 9" and 190. I am 165 and 6 ft. Quite a big difference. Is it possible to resize the harness to fit me well or should i just look for something else?

Im looking into buying a Mirage G4 container used. One that I found is from a guy who was 5 9" and 190. I am 165 and 6 ft. Quite a big difference. Is it possible to resize the harness to fit me well or should i just look for something else?

in short- yes it's possible to resize.

however it
a) may not be necessary
b) may be cost prohibitive

call Mirage and see what they say.

It is possible. However, it is unlikely that one simple change (i.e. lengthening the MLW alone) will give you a decent fit. It has the potential to be expensive. The manufacturer would be able to give you a better idea. $200-$400 would be what I would expect. A fully articulated harness is a bit easier to work on than a 'standard' harness.

Beware that if you send it back to the manufacturer, they will likely want to do more work if anything is worn (replacing riser covers/stiffeners/grommets etc) which could push it up around $300-$500.

It is possible. However, it is unlikely that one simple change (i.e. lengthening the MLW alone) will give you a decent fit. It has the potential to be expensive. The manufacturer would be able to give you a better idea. $200-$400 would be what I would expect. A fully articulated harness is a bit easier to work on than a 'standard' harness.

Beware that if you send it back to the manufacturer, they will likely want to do more work if anything is worn (replacing riser covers/stiffeners/grommets etc) which could push it up around $300-$500.

RWS tld me they couldn't lengthen my harness a few years ago. 400 sounds about right for a new harness. My bill was $775 for new stainless hardware, new harness, risers, 2 soft reserve handles, 1 breakaway handle, and they did some minor repairs(replaced some grommets and did something to a flap).
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.