pgpilot

Gear Stolen - Video of Thief

Stolen in downtown San Francisco last night.
Black Mirage G3 with X-Fire 129, as in photos.
Video from security cameras in the parking garage shows the guy... although it may be unlikely he is a jumper and knew what he was taking, here are the images just in case... just a few quick seconds, but click on the timeline bar to watch frames.
If anyone happens across this gear, let me know.
photos copyright www.wendysmithaerial.com ;-)

He might well be someone who normally works or has business in that building. Some of those video frames have good face shots. Make up some "Wanted" posters with those pictures of him, and put them up on bulletin boards throughout the building. Offer a reward for anyone who identifies him. If the building won't let you post such things, stand by the entrance and pass them out as people come to work in the morning. My bet is that someone there knows this guy...

That's sickening. I bet he had no idea what he was taking... As someone mentioned previously, you should put some posters up and offer a reward. In the event he's stupid enough to attempt to sell this at some point, emailing pictures of your rig/components to all of the DZs might be a good idea.
Gravity Waits for No One.

Cool, thanks for the encouragement.
I have contacted 2 local news channels and the SF Chronicle. We'll see.
It burns, for sure! No insurance... our vehicle was VALET PARKED at the Westin Downtown San Francisco - safe enough, right???
The Westin refused to even acknowledge that it occurred (no statement at all, just stonewalled us) and referred us to ProPark, their valet contractor... who in turn said 250 bucks max liability... so off to court we go, but this won't be fun or easy.

So just out of curiousity, why was your gear in the car to begin with?

I was a victim too. My gear was stolen from my car 11 years ago. I've never left my gear in the car since.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban