bbarnhouse

A Note From Amy Chmelecki

Folks,
As many of you may know Amy was involved in a mid-air collision and suffered a broken ankle. She is just out of surgery with pins and plates but otherwise doing well(The other person is ok)
Amy wanted me to tell you first off that she loves you all!!:)She also has asked that folks refrain from calling her. She would however enjoy hearing from you via email [email protected]

For those that wish to send get well cards to Amy you may send them to the following address:
Amy Chmelecki
c/o Skydive Arizona
4900 N Taylor Rd
Eloy, AZ 85231

I'll keep you updated as to her progress...but it would be lovely to have lots of healing vibes here in this thread for our sweet gal to see.:)B2

We've never met, but I've admired her skydiving skills for so long. Heal quickly, Amy! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Amy,

I can't believe you've gone from flying free to hobbling in just 3 weeks. Sorry to hear you're grounded for a while. It was great working with you in Edmonton.

Subliminal healing works.

Hope to see you in the air before the year's out.

madjohn

So is it a broken ankle or a tib/fib

tib/fib.
Amy phoned last night and was doing well. (She wasn't feeling much at that point)
Her spirits were high and she thanks everyone for the out pouring of well wishes. Amy will return to the forums soon.
I wouldn't be surprised to see her working manifest for Skydive Arizona in Rantoul, but we'll see what happens in the next weeks.:)To the folks in Texas and team Deguello (sp) Amy sends out a special thank you to everyone for their kindness.
Your are indeed a great bunch of people, and those of us here in Eloy thank you as well for looking after our dz angel.
Regards,
B2

Should she be ok for Nationals

I'm sorry to report that Amy will be incapacitated for at least 12 weeks,
so I wouldnt look for her to compete in this years Nationals.
Her focus was on the freefly team this year, but there is always next year which will be on her home turf here in Eloy.:)

:( Amy! Sending you vibes (cause I do do the vibes thing) and lots of well wishes from my little corner of the world! Take it easy and heal up well!

(If you need some Coffee Crisp bars to see you through the recovery, let me know!;))

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein