derrickiv

How to figure resale price? (Main Canopy)

I did a search and I know I've seen threads on this topic before.. but what is the going resale formula for main canopies?

I think I remember seeing once, 80% of retail price minus $1 per jump? Assuming good/excellent condition and all. Thanks for your help.

I've got a Pilot 168 with 100 jumps (give or take) that I'd like to sell at a fair price and I'm trying to figure it out. Guessing $1430 or so is fair?

I did a search and I know I've seen threads on this topic before.. but what is the going resale formula for main canopies?

I think I remember seeing once, 80% of retail price minus $1 per jump? Assuming good/excellent condition and all. Thanks for your help.

I've got a Pilot 168 with 100 jumps (give or take) that I'd like to sell at a fair price and I'm trying to figure it out. Guessing $1430 or so is fair?

That sounds reasonable. But it pretty much comes down to how fast you need to sell it. (If you dont mind waiting a bit the price should be ok, but you'll sell it a lot quicker if you lower the price). Also, when buying a canopy for that much people start being picky about colors.

Guessing $1430 or so is fair?

granted with 100 jumps you still have a fairly new canopy there bud.

but i bought my pilot 168 brand spanking new in the box zero jumps for $1275

what are you buying next i would be happy to sell it to you:ph34r:
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

It comes down to supply and demand. And you don't start with retail. Most dealers will sell for at least 15% off. Show me the customer that pays full retial, and..... well..... give them my contact info. ;)

That being said. It has been my experience that the market would tollerate about 1200 or 1250 for your canopy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Recently bought a new pilot 168 for my wife for 1595, custom colors. I would not consider 1425 for a used canopy with someone elses colors.

But there is a fool born every minute, good luck:P

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"