Isfrael

Trying to find a shop!!!

Para-Gear, in Skokie, is the closest full-time shop. You can browse their catalog online here. If there is something specific that you want to order, you can also go through the office at Sky Knights. The club doesn't keep much merchandise on-hand, but can order just about anything, and the prices are usually a little better.

If you want to go somewhere head to paragear. But they are not a 'shop' really geared to walk ins. Realize that for most of us we never go to a 'shop'. A dz gear dealer may have a few things. Some more than a few. But mainly it's an mail order sport.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

If you're buying something like a new jumpsuit or rig, it will be custom made, so there's nothing to "try on" until they measure you and make it for you.

For thing like helmets, I agree 100%, you should try them on before you buy them. Sizes vary a lot. But that doesn't have to be at a shop, you can just try on a friend's at the dropzone.

Yeah, I've started to realize that, but like everything I want to try something on before I drop the cash for it. especially when I'm paying huge money for it... huge money for me any ways.

tough chance. Your best bet is trying things on at the dropzone that other people own. As expensive and low profit as skydiving is, you're not going to find a shop that has a large variety of gear. Especially if you are thinking of a sporting goods type layout, and in Chicago :)