docdialtone

Thieving Bastards in San Antonio

My truck was broken in to at Northeast Methodist hospital in San Antonio between 10:30 pm Saturday and 3:30am Sunday while in the emergency room with my daughter. They took my Wings, royal blue with yellow reserve bag and red reserve pc cover. It had a Saber 2 190, PDR 190 and a cypress. They also took my laptop and a few other things. All of the serial numbers are in my laptop so I am going to have to find another way to get all of this info. As soon as I do I am going to post it here and on USPA. Just wanted to give an early heads up to all in the area.

Daughter was treated and released and is doing well.

Mods, can I post or can you copy this to other forums please?

Thanks and Blue Skies!!!

If it was stolen out of your car and you have auto insurance it should be covered. Obviously, you'll have to pay the deductible which sucks but at least you might not have to shoulder that whole burden.

It might vary by state or carrier, but when I had shit stolen out of my car it was under homeowners - auto insurance wouldn't cover it.

If it was stolen out of your car and you have auto insurance it should be covered. Obviously, you'll have to pay the deductible which sucks but at least you might not have to shoulder that whole burden.

It might vary by state or carrier, but when I had shit stolen out of my car it was under homeowners - auto insurance wouldn't cover it.

Yeah. You're probably right. I guess it would also vary depending on what coverage you had.

You know I NEVER leave my rig in the truck. Even when we're at the campground it comes in and sleeps with us. I was just too distracted with my daughter lastnight. The worst part is the Halloween Boogie is in 3 weeks and I'm gonna have to find something to jump. THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!

Thanks to everybody at Skydive San Marcos (especially Adam) I have some serial numbers now:

Wings W21 DOM 5/07 5384
PDR 193 DOM 1/08 041508
Cypress DOM 2/97 50B15201510C... I think ADAM was a doctor in a previous life cause I can't read the rest of it :0~

I don't have the SN of the main, I'm still trying to remember who I bought it from.

Thanks for all of the responses!!!

Notify every rigger in your region. Do it often. Sooner or later the rig will need a packjob.

Keep your eye out on the classifieds here, craigs list, ebay and other auction sites.

Do a police report with the serial numbers. Pawn shops, at least here in Colorado, are required to share the database with the police. When I had an employee steel from me the police cross-referenced the serial numbers and the "people of colorado" sued my employee on my behalf and I was able to garnish his wages and get all my money back and then some.

I hate that happened, and i'm glad your daughters allright.

As far as your rig and what not getting stolen, won't your iinsurance on your auto cover this loss? Your company who you bought your laptop from should have your serial numbers stored in archive on their server. (If i'm not mistaken)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

suck donkeys! man ! sorry to hear. karma is a bitch.. reap what you sow.. treat others like you want to be treated... the sayings are different but they all mean the same thing= dont steal someone else's stuff!!!!!! good luck in getting your stuff back or compensation for it (although it is the $$, its also about having your personal life violated by a scum bag! my house has been unsuccessfully attempted to be broken into 2x in the last month! and 1x succesfull where they took just some stuff before my neighbors showed up! ..so I feel your pain!)
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

I appreciate the offer and I'll probably take you up on it just two questions though. Who the HELL are you? And what size canopy do you have? :P

I talked to the insurance company today and they fucked me. We have $20,000 coverage on our renters insurance. Since the theft happened off our property the max payout is 10%!!! ($2,000) I told them that if the truck had been at home the stuff would have been in the house not in the truck. Next time I will drive home then call the police. I was at the hospital in the emergency room with my daughter!!!!

Like the title of this thread reads "Thieving BASTARDS!!!!!"

I guess you didn't read the original post. I was at the HOSPITAL ER with my daughter I would never leave my gear in the truck ! It seems like the policy is backwards and would only cover 10% if it was at home and had a place to bring things inside. I'm gonna fight this one all the way!!!

I talked to the insurance company today and they fucked me. We have $20,000 coverage on our renters insurance. Since the theft happened off our property the max payout is 10%!!! ($2,000) I told them that if the truck had been at home the stuff would have been in the house not in the truck.

Lesson: Always re-read your insurance contract before filing a claim. The language you use to describe the loss can make the difference between an adequate settlement, or nothing.

I guess you didn't read the original post. I was at the HOSPITAL ER with my daughter I would never leave my gear in the truck ! It seems like the policy is backwards and would only cover 10% if it was at home and had a place to bring things inside. I'm gonna fight this one all the way!!!

no, I did not misread. I may have not been clear in the way I stated it.

Simply, you have a binding contract - and if what they are telling you is within the contract - i.e. the theft occurred off-property - they are right. It's that simple. Doesn't make it easier to cope with though.

I appreciate the offer and I'll probably take you up on it just two questions though. Who the HELL are you? And what size canopy do you have?

You know who I am. You've known me since you started jumping at SSM. I jump a Pilot 168 in both rigs but Voodew called me today, he's trying to get in touch with you to get a demo 190 for you to jump in one of my rigs.
Click here to see me