Melt16

Deepseed Free-Fly Suit - First impressions & photos

During my AFF I had to continuosly borrow jumpsuits from different people at my DZ as I am one of the taller people out there - so finding a fitting suit wasn't always the easiest thing to do.

Anyway I started looking online for a jumpsuit manufacturer. After trying out a few online suit designers I really came to like the look of the suits that Deepseed.com had to offer. After emailing them within a few hours my questions were well answered by Liam and his team.

So I decided to put in a rush order for a Teardrop style FreeFly suit and go for all the extras a suit could have...

Deepseed is a company from New Zealand, I live in South Africa. My order was put through on the 19th of September, and to my pleasant surprise it arrived today on the 2nd of October.

So here are some pictures and impressions of my new suit. Unfortunately the weather at my DZ is looking a bit dodgy this weekend so not sure if I'll be able to jump it, but when I do I will add to this article and post a video...

When this box arrived for me today, I was happy to see the Deepseed logo on the side, my new suit was here!!

[Edit I don't know why inline images work in preview but not in the post but you can view each attachment pic at the bottom]

[inline box.jpg]

After opening it up, I was presented with a free baseball cap and 10 Deepseed dollars. Thanks guys..

[inline cap.jpg]

Laying out the suit on the floor...

[inline front.jpg]

The logo down the right-side leg checks cool

[inline logo.jpg]

The material, build and stitching quality is of the highest standard. It may be my first jumpsuit but I know when a piece of clothing has been made properly... Here is a picture of one of the mini-grippers on the leg...

[inline minigrip.jpg]

The collar is made out of spandex

[inline spandex-collar.jpg]

The inside pocket with zip may become useful...

[inline inside-pocket.jpg]

And finally, me with my new jumpsuit on :)

[inline me.jpg]

All in all, this suit looks and feels lovely and I can't wait to go jump with it. I have been wearing it around the house for the last 2 hours lol and it is very comfortable.

I will let you know how it fares under the intensity of the dropzone in due course....

Well Liam said since I'm a beginner and don't know what discipline I'm going to be doing, he recommended the freefly suit with mini grips as a first suit so I can do freefly, and if desired get into formation work. So in a way for a first suit this lets me do both.

I wish I could have been happy with my suit -- I personally will never order from Deepseed again or advise any of my friends or students.

If you live in the States order from the States - service will be 100 times better - if you live someplace else order from where you live!

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I was very impressed with mine... but no free baseball cap for me! :(

The only bummer is that there isn't some velcro to hold the zipper closed. I've had it open on me a few times in the tunnel.

For the price, the suit is unbelievable. I think I had a 3-week turnaround time from when I placed the order to when I had the suit as well... really top-notch service.

I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I wish I could have been happy with my suit -- I personally will never order from Deepseed again or advise any of my friends or students.

If you live in the States order from the States - service will be 100 times better - if you live someplace else order from where you live!

What a troll! Complete bullshit. Haha, Square 1 said the same thing to me when I asked why they didn't carry RAWA helmets...oh wait, they were saying that because I was taking my money to someone that did.

Aww man...I just ordered a freefly suit from Tonfly...I hope it fits and is delivered on time. Voodew, you depress me. ;)
I'll let you know how mine goes. I have a well-worn pair of Deepseed pants that I like, they're just a little waist-large for me. Other than Tony, the in-country service I've gotten from two different manufacturers as been below "suck" on the experience meter. One of em, I hand-delivered the suit to them in Flagler Beach, and it still took him months to refund my $$.

I ordered a Deepseed freefly suit but got a few of the measurements wrong and it didn't fit in certain places (not their fault).
The look of the suit and the quality were excellent, so I sold it on and have just ordered an inverter suit from them:)Also, their customer service is first rate, returning emails usually within a few hours. They'll also do whatever they can to get you what you need. Top company!

SHIT HAPPENS!