degeneration

Frexer Extreme Sports jumpsuits

Has anyone on here ordered a jumpsuit from this company recently? (www.frexer.com)

I've been in touch with them and their prices are very good, but am just a little concerned about the lack of proper order form to order with - so no specific place to give your measurements. I would just email them my measurements but then I wouldn't know for absolute certain that they knew exactly where I was meaning for each measurement, if that makes sense.

I'm thinking of getting an FS suit from them (the Expounder) and have been told by them in an email that they can make it with padded knees, pockets etc. but was just told to send them colour options and size. Which also makes me think without a template to define my colours on, how do I make sure they know exactly what colours I want?!

If I order the FS suit and it turns out ok, I think I may order an FF suit from them too, but just wanted to know if anyone on here has had recent experiences with them and if so, how did you go about ordering?

Cheers.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Why don't you ask them for a measurment guide? Or at least what they define each measurement as.

exactly, or, have them on the phone while you do the measurement. For a good FS suit, booties, etc. FIT IS EVERYTHING

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Are you serious? Do you really think you'll get a quality product that will fit properly and work as intended?

Check out the websites for Tony suits, Flite suit, Bev etc to see what a real jumpsuit mfr. looks like. Have a look at their order forms, and the detail they go into in order to provide you with a quality suit.

Do yourself a favor, and ask the instructional staff at your DZ where they get their suits from. Ask them for some suggestions as far as what options/materials to get, then order from that company. You'll be much happier in the long run.

Are you serious? Do you really think you'll get a quality product that will fit properly and work as intended?

Yeah, I'm serious. It is the price that is appealing - less than half that of the more brand name manufacturers.

As for the quality - the Asia region generally do fantastic things related to sewing etc. If I was ever to get a custom made shirt and tie suit at a great price, I'd get one while in Asia. If I send them my measurements, I'd hope it would fit properly, just like I would hope if I went with Bev or Tony.

Maybe I'll be disappointed here, I don't know, but I don't see why the tailoring standards would not be up to scratch. I've read stories about people having their Symbiosis, Tony etc suits coming apart, so it can happen to any suit!

If anyone has one of these suits, then it would be good to hear opinions on quality.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

There have been a few experiments now by UK people with Frexer, and anecdotally, they haven't turned out well. It's fine to say "oh it's cheap, it can afford not to work out" but it feels like there's enough evidence now that it's not really an experiment any more.

I'm not saying Everybody Must Pay £400 For Parasport Comp Suits Because Expensive Is Better, just that there is apparently a bottom end to how much it's practical to pay for an OK jumpsuit.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I'm not saying Everybody Must Pay £400 For Parasport Comp Suits Because Expensive Is Better, just that there is apparently a bottom end to how much it's practical to pay for an OK jumpsuit.

Frexer failing to provide a quality product for the price doesn't demonstrate that. It just shows that they aren't providing a quality product. The low price just means they're more likely to stay in business doing it.

I talked with Tony in Quincy one year. He said that they could sell inexpensive jump suits (under $100) sewn by women in some Central or South American country (it's pushing 10 years ago) but that wouldn't be nice to the other skydivers running jumpsuit businesses so they wouldn't.

I had one really nice suit (for example, there isn't a single shoulder seam - the stripes are sewn into the suit instead of being apliques so you don't have a seam underneath your rig yolk) built for $40 in materials and under $200 labor to a local rigger who was starting to design and build jumpsuits.

Sending that money someplace where $200 a month is a generous wage for skilled labor as opposed to some hours of rigging/construction could have netted the same thing for a lot less even if I had to pay for shipping.

As for the quality - the Asia region generally do fantastic things related to sewing etc. If I was ever to get a custom made shirt and tie suit at a great price, I'd get one while in Asia.

A custom made shirt is one thing, a jumpsuit is another. A custim shirt is made of one material, and designed to withstand the rigors of hand washing and pressing.

A jumpsuit is made from a combination of materials, using construction techniques that allow for durability and functionality. Lets keep in mind that a jumpsuit is not worn for looks, it's expected to function as a control surface for flying. It's also expected to survive being worn in the plane, while packing, and through all of your landings, good and bad.

Sewing a good suit isn't easy, and you want the years of experience that you get going with an established manufacturer.

A custom made shirt is one thing, a jumpsuit is another. A custim shirt is made of one material, and designed to withstand the rigors of hand washing and pressing.

A jumpsuit is made from a combination of materials, using construction techniques that allow for durability and functionality. Lets keep in mind that a jumpsuit is not worn for looks, it's expected to function as a control surface for flying. It's also expected to survive being worn in the plane, while packing, and through all of your landings, good and bad.

Sewing a good suit isn't easy, and you want the years of experience that you get going with an established manufacturer.

Good points, well made. Have decided to leave Frexer for my FS jumpsuit now and go with someone else.

Cheers.

***Measurements? Not needed for cheap jumpsuits. You just pick from one of the sizes they offer:

XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL what? no 3 xl >:(:P

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Ive used Waseem at Frexor for quite a few years, because his suits are dirt cheap! But i ordered them knowing that if it blows apart then id just buy another one, to be fair to him he has made all the student suits in Airkix for many years and they definitely take a hammering.
He made 3 suits for me, and they all had lots of embroidery on them and they still came in under £100 per suit. And for me he worked, you roll the dice and take your chance.

Ive got no interest in if you buy or don't buy from him, just my 2p worth.
At long last the light at the end of the tunell isnt an on coming train!!!

I've got a camera jacket from Waseem at Frexer with about 1000 jumps and still going strong. It was a bit short on the body so needed some fixing.

We did a bulk order of freefly pants and they were similar in quality to other suppliers in the UK (I think at least one UK supplier outsources to Frexer because the suits are so similar).

A friend ordered a camera jacket recently and the quality has gone through the roof since mine was made.

I'd give them a go for simpler things but would avoid them for technical suits.

hodges

(I think at least one UK supplier outsources to Frexer because the suits are so similar).

Would that be Jedi? As noticed on Frexer's Facebook page they had put a Jedi airware picture up...