Laurel

Waiting for Parking Spaces

This is a new pet peeve of mine. I was at Sam's and a chick infront of me waited for this little old couple to pack everything in their car, hobble to their seats and slowly back out so she could get their space creating a backlog of 4 cars. I parked 3 spaces down from her and actually made it into the store before she could completely haul her fat ass out of her minivan. It burns me up. :S Thoughts?
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

I wont wait for a space to open up unless the ocupents are already in their vehical and I can see that they are getting ready to pull out.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

This is a new pet peeve of mine. I was at Sam's and a chick infront of me waited for this little old couple to pack everything in their car, hobble to their seats and slowly back out so she could get their space creating a backlog of 4 cars. I parked 3 spaces down from her and actually made it into the store before she could completely haul her fat ass out of her minivan. It burns me up. :S Thoughts?

Thought #1: You sure are purty!!!

Thought #2: Ever since recovering from a mild leg fracture years ago, I consider parking in the south 40 and hiking the length of a parking lot to a store to be a privilege that I will not ever take for granted. I don't care if it's raining like hell. I'm thankful that I can effortlessly walk and do so without pain.

Thought #3: I wish more people felt the same way I do about it.

Walt

I hate that too. I do have a handicapped card, but i only use it if my ankle is really bugging me. Otherwise i park in normal spaces and i actually like being somewhat further away for the exercise.

Ooh, and apparently i pissed someone off the other day cause i didn't realize they were waiting for my spot. After i got in my car i was looking for a CD to put in and i heard some fucker honk at me.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Ooh, and apparently i pissed someone off the other day cause i didn't realize they were waiting for my spot. After i got in my car i was looking for a CD to put in and i heard some fucker honk at me.

I'd a got out and walked back into the store - sassy like.
Scars remind us that the past is real

I'd a got out and walked back into the store - sassy like.

Hehe, i should've. Honestly, i did not see the car waiting for me. I was happily flipping through my CD organizer. Some people just have no patience. Oh well.

Thought #1: You sure are purty!!!

Thought #2: Ever since recovering from a mild leg fracture years ago, I consider parking in the south 40 and hiking the length of a parking lot to a store to be a privilege that I will not ever take for granted. I don't care if it's raining like hell. I'm thankful that I can effortlessly walk and do so without pain.

Thought #3: I wish more people felt the same way I do about it.

Walt

Thought 1: Thank you!!!

Thought 2: William is still recovering from massive injuries due to his accident and we park out sometimes to let him get in some extra excercise. I know he is thankful that he can walk, too.

Thought 3: There are those that do.:)
My Pink M

***I parked 3 spaces down from her and actually made it into the store before she could completely haul her fat ass out of her minivan.

[repl When I am at the gym on an elliptical trainer looking at the parking lot, I watch people drive around 2-3 times to get a "primo" spot so they won't have to walk
75-100 ft. and then they come inside and get on a friggin treadmill. How stupid is that?:S
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

So what? Thats your spot until you're good and ready to move. They can wait.

Lawdy, sista-gwurl! I agree. Turn on the AC, kick back the seat and take a nap. I would aim to bet that the person honking could stand to knock off a few calories.
My Pink M

Lawdy, sista-gwurl! I agree. Turn on the AC, kick back the seat and take a nap. I would aim to bet that the person honking could stand to knock off a few calories.

You are correct. It was some 30ish looking lady who was a bit overweight. Ya'll are making me feel better about it though. I kinda wondered if i was wrong for not pulling out right away.

I park far away so i can actually open the doors and put stuff in the truck when i get out of the store.
I don't understand why people have to drive up to the front of the store then start looking for spaces. I make them wait while i take my time walking into or out of the store. They are in MY way for no reason. They can wait. Yes, you have a legit-a-bitch :)

I wont wait for a parking space unless I have already been driving around for 20 minutes trying to find one. I dont mind if other people do, as long as I can get around them.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

...i heard some fucker honk at me.

Oh that was YOU? :o
Sorry.:$

ROTFLMAO!!!:D:D:D

Walt

Did somebody honk at me?? (adjusting hearing aid) (feedback) fuck this hearing aid shit... :D

Seriously, most of the time I just park way out away from the masses. It's easier to get in and out that way, and I don't worry about the damn door dings. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This drives me insane, also!!! At my local mall...people wait forever for a parking spot on level two when there are many open spots on level three...and there always are....just drive up a bit.....

When they stop to wait there is almost no way to get around them.....drives me insane knowing that there are open spots just one level up....

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

my thought is...if you want a proper perspective as to exactly how fat this country is.... go to europe or south america and just see how thin people are.

and as far as the situation you describe goes....jeez the laziness of some people.... 3 spaces is what? 20 feet?

i am glad i dont own a car or need to living in chicago!

I park in the handicap spots if I have my boys with me (after all, the placards are theirs :P). My hubby does NOT use the handicap spots when we are all out together with the boys, which kinda gets me irritated sometimes...the point of those placards was not because we can't walk extra distance, it is because it is dangerous for the boys to be in the parking lot...[:/] Anyhoo, we have not had an incidence of them breaking free yet while both of us are there to hold on to them, but this is one of my worst fears. I have nightmares over it. :( If it is just me & the kids, I will sometimes not stop at a place if a disabled spot is not open.

If I don't have the boys, I only really wait for a close parking spot at school. The difference can be literally parking all the way across campus, which I wouldn't care about either, I am taking workout classes! However, it is for my first classes of the day (at least it was last quarter) and I am always at least 15 minutes late to class already...so....:$
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.