skymedic

picture THREAD...come on guys POST.

We were doing a Memorial dive for a fallen fellow skydiver who was a CRW dog to the last day (unfortunately he died on my first CRW jump) so we did a tribute to him. I think he was there messing with us because it got worse.

See attached...

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

MJ Stack 4 7-01.jpg

Actually we weren't thinking when we put it together, thank god it panned out and everyone was ok. The whole thing was the guy on the bottom was going to cutaway and we would have a missing man formation. Well we had the missing man, and the missing weight needed to hold his canopy under control. We broke apart, the canopy floated away and not into anything and everyone was cool, but thank god for hook knives. My mom watched the video and gave me a few choice words. Don't know why though!!!

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

if she'll let me i'll post the video of that dive on the net somewhere (skydivingmovies.com still up??)

i showed it to JT in the bombshelter and one of the canadian military team (who had been doing CRW all day) damn near sprayed his beer across the room when the bottom guy cutaway..B|

edit: i have to say its one of my favorite skydiving vids ever..even before i started jumping it reached me on a very personal/artistic level.. 3 as a group cruising along on a beautiful day, but then suddenly you lose one :( and then everything changes....

i think so..i was coping all the skydive stuff i could find on our shelves onto mini-dv when it looked like i might be over in the big sand where Katies at...

Skydive Virginia (www.skydivevirginia.com)

And let me add that there is a wonderful man there whos pic i did not post, in fear that so many women would flock to SDV that we wouldn't know what to do.... yes... it's Freakus. See attached. ;)

meaton.jpg