RickNC

Good deal?

Found a rig. It is a javelin dom around 01. Has a cypress with five years left and all maint. has been done. Has a sabre 210 and a tempo 210. Reserve has no rides and main has about 200. Container has 350 jumps. Looks great in pics. It is overseas though but member has been on here a couple years. Price for me would be about $1500. It sounds like a good deal, What do you guys think?

Found a rig. It is a javelin dom around 01. Has a cypress with five years left and all maint. has been done. Has a sabre 210 and a tempo 210. Reserve has no rides and main has about 200. Container has 350 jumps. Looks great in pics. It is overseas though but member has been on here a couple years. Price for me would be about $1500. It sounds like a good deal, What do you guys think?

I bet is sounds very similar to this :

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=44;

The ad has been pulled down now it seems. Here is a copy of the first email I got:

Hi,
The rig is made to fit any person from 5'7" to 6'3". I am 5'11" and 190 lbs and the rig fits me great. What size are you ? And do you want to see more pictures ?

Regarding the shipping I can send the rig to the USA, no problem. I will pay the shipping taxes and you will pay the taxes from the payment. Of course, all of this are available only if you decide to buy the rig. So email me if you are interested

Ciao
Luciano

The ad has been pulled down now it seems. Here is a copy of the first email I got:

Hi,
The rig is made to fit any person from 5'7" to 6'3". I am 5'11" and 190 lbs and the rig fits me great. What size are you ? And do you want to see more pictures ?

Regarding the shipping I can send the rig to the USA, no problem. I will pay the shipping taxes and you will pay the taxes from the payment. Of course, all of this are available only if you decide to buy the rig. So email me if you are interested

Ciao
Luciano

sounds like it's very likely to be a scam. The wording is quite similar to many others.

Hi,

Ciao
Luciano

He's talking about the shipping not about the taxes.

if u buy it make sure you can pay via paypal from your credit card as you have 100% security should it not turn up. if u western union it you are sunk if u get scammed

I would still go with the rigger, he's new to sport and wouldn't be able to inspect the gear properly.

I got his reply which does make me hesitant. Seems to really know the western union process. I told him I would like it sent to a rigger or I pay through another means where I would have recourse. Here is the latest email:

The fedex taxes from Italy to the USA should be somewhere around 150 USD and the western union taxes should be maximum 100 USD. And like I said before I will pay the taxes from fedex and you will pay the western union taxes. If you never used westerm union money transfer before you can find one in almost any bank so I am sure you won`t have a problem. All you need to make the payment is an id and the 950 euros (1400 USD). They will give you a 10 digit number called MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) after you make the payment. As soon as you email me that mtcn number I will go to fedex and send you the rig. Through fedex the rig should arrive in the US in about 3-4 working days.

So email me a final decision please so I can know what to tell to my other clients if the rig is sold or not. If you decide to buy it then email me your name and adress so I can know where to send it and I will email you my adress for the payment.

I hope we will do business together

Don't send money until YOU have seen the rig in person and a rigger has inspected it.

The rigger method is completely safe, for both parties involved, don't budge on it.

If you cover the premium shipping + postal insurance to the rigger, that's very little money lost if he decides to run off with your $100.

As many other have said. Do not send money until the rig is shipped to an intermediate, objective person for inspection. It's a great deal. It's too great a deal and it reeks of scam.

There was someone in Italy selling Mirage rigs in the same too good to be true price range not long ago who managed to rip off several people.

Be careful and don't get greedy. If the seller is honest they should not object to using a proxy for the exchange. If they refuse that's a big red flag.
Owned by Remi #?

Sounds like a SCAM!

You will probably send a few emails back and forth and not agree on payment and then nothing... They will figure that you are not going to send the money and give up... I bet it is going to be a waste of your time in the end...

I bought my stuff from dropzones or online stores and got some great deals. I did heve to pay but I used paypal or credit card and they all have return policies. I had everything sent to my rigger and he inspected everything. If any of it wasn't good I would have sent it back and got a refund or disputed the credit card charges. Luckily everything I got was fine and if I had to return it I would have been down only the shipping charges...

I had everything sent to my rigger and he inspected everything. If any of it wasn't good I would have sent it back and got a refund or disputed the credit card charges. Luckily everything I got was fine and if I had to return it I would have been down only the shipping charges...

Exactly.

I bought a near new rig off a DZ.com buyer, very legit bloke.

When it got out to the rigger, he wasn't happy with the 3-rings/risers on them, the rigger called up the seller and told him to send out new risers... which he did very promptly.

When buying your first set of gear, you want the rigger on your side, even if they do everything legit and the rig arrives, you don't have the knowledge to make these sort of calls.

Hi Rick,
Anyone who knows harness construction will talk about MLW length ,ie torso length ,Its a very broad statement to say who this wonderfully priced rig will fit............I agree with the others who have posted.........Beware
Mike

Agreed, the guy I bought off spent 30 minutes talking me through with a measuring tape so he could find the right container for me.

I asked once again to use a rigger or other qualified person as a "middleman" . Here is the latest reply after I asked about not using western union. Does seem to be a scam for sure now::S

I had some problems with paypal in the past and I don`t want to use it again. I worked with western union ay least 40 times before and never had any problems so I have all the reasons to stick to this method. If you feel more confortable I can accept to receive only 450 euros first and you will send the remaining 450 euros after you receive and verify the rig.

Now I am waiting for your final decision because I have one more very interested client who already asked for my adress to make the payment and I told him to wait until tomorrow because you were the first one who was interested so you have a small priority.

Ciao
Luciano

If you feel more confortable I can accept to receive only 450 euros first and you will send the remaining 450 euros after you receive and verify the rig.

That's a bum deal, do not take it.

The entire thing screams scam, 450 euros is a decent whack of money. No legit person wouldn't meet the basic guidelines.

Overseas, western union, general bad vibe.

I would say nop.

Ask him where he jumps at and try to verify with the DZO about the authenticity of the goods.

If he has no reference at all, I would be extremely suss.

If you feel more confortable I can accept to receive only 450 euros first and you will send the remaining 450 euros after you receive and verify the rig.

That's a bum deal, do not take it.

The entire thing screams scam, 450 euros is a decent whack of money. No legit person wouldn't meet the basic guidelines.

Overseas, western union, general bad vibe.

I would say nop.

Ask him where he jumps at and try to verify with the DZO about the authenticity of the goods.

If he has no reference at all, I would be extremely suss.

ok, STOP.

enough is enough. This deal is a scam for sure, and doing anything more about it would be wasting ones time. Unless of course you want to just mess with the individual. Perhaps send him a fake MTCN # and insist the money has been sent.

here's a real MTCN for you 908-753-7081 if you wish to do that. Obviously, the $$$ associated with that number have already been picked up.