katiebear21

Heat Rash???

I must be getting punished for something I have (or at least think I have) the WORST ever heat rash!!! I started feeling it around 10 am this morning sitting in my office. By the time 2 came around, I was covered! It's hot, red, and a little itchy but it's definitely not poison ivy. I'd take pics and post but most of the inflammation is where my clothes were tight all day (waist, knees, bra-line, and my entire back.) My hips and bikini line are incredibly swollen and red. Interesting visual, huh? I've not changed my detergent and I wasn't even in the sun today much.

I'm crawling out of my skin here so I took a triple dose of benadryl and covered myself in a thick coat of hycracortizone cream and am having a glass of wine. I can't even wear any pants right now it's so bad.B|

Anyone got any good home remedies???:S

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Send Chuck to the store for some Aaveno, the stuff you soak in when you're in the bathtub that helps sooth the skin. It worked wonders for the kids when they got the chicken pox. You can even still drink your wine in the tub too! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ooh, that sounds good. Unfortunately, Chuck's gone for the next 3 weeks and I'm running around pantless right now.:$

I just took another 2 benadryl and poured my 2nd glass of wine. Either it will knock me out or I'll be posting like the whore I used to be!:o:P

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Do you have any oatmeal? That's kind of what Aaveno is. Put some talcum powder or cornstarch on the affected areas before you dress tomorrow.

Benadryl and wine...I'm sure you'll be asleep in no time! :ph34r: I hope it feels better soon!

Edit: Ooh, I forgot, baking soda will work in the bath too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Chuck's gone for the next 3 weeks and I'm running around pantless right now.:$

ta hell with the heat....

:D;)

Chuck, please don't kill me...:)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

hmm... Do you have an urgent care or doctor you can go to? There's a lot of different things that can cause rashes, so there's a lot of different ways to treat them.

Agreed. If it *is* heat rash, try cornstarch to keep your skin dry. It will help clear it up.

Walt

are you sure it is not Chiggers young lady?

Especially if it is where all the elastic goes on your body?

YES I am still in pain! B|:(

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

are you sure it is not Chiggers young lady?

Especially if it is where all the elastic goes on your body?

YES I am still in pain! B|:(

Chiggers?!!! I remember those fuckers from when I was a kid (yes, it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when!)! Holy crap! Anything but chiggers!

Walt

Actually, it sounds like you have hives. Especially if it is worse where your clothes are tight against your body. They are caused by some type of allergy and Claritin actually has a pill you can take called Hives Relief. You will find it on the shelf near all the other itch type creams like benadryl and hydrocortizone.

For more info check out this site:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000845.htm#Symptoms

Hope that helps! They can be miserable!