timber

Is it better to date a 'Whuffo" ??

For years I have pondered the question: Is it better to have a skydiving significant other or will a whuffo make me happy ? Skydiving is and always will be a huge part of my life. Spending so much time at a drop zone has been the ruin of several relationships for me as well as the start of some great ones. I was wondering what you think ?

Blue Skies,

I really don't want to be a butt munch here but this was recently posted and recieved alot of debate. Rather than wait for new responses to an old question you may find some useful information in a previous thread.

But my opinion is that a whuffo is fine as long as they support and understand your craving for the sky. So at least one tandem jump would almost be mandatory though so they can get a small glimpse into your world.
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

Well, I've never dated a "sky goddess" or even a girl that has done the occasional jump or just the "list checking" tandem for that matter. I've only dated "Whuffo's," and that has not always worked out with skydiving since we tend to spend as much time as possible at the DZ.
IMO - I think it would be best to date a Whuffo and then turn her into a skygoddess.
But that's my opinion, I have yet to make that happen.....
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

Highly agreed. I used to date non-skydivers, then I gave up dating... Short meaningless relationships are the way to go, unless you find "the one". :D

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I think having a skydiving partner is more exilerating and fun cause of all the things you can do...;) Sharing your memories is more understood and there is no jellousy being at the dz to much....more understood:P

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life

I love my whuffo very much :$- but we were married before I started skydiving and he supports me and is very proud of me. Without his support I wouldn't be skydiving.

I think thats a large part of the difference when dating whuffo's - the support.

Jen
Arianna Frances

Its not about finding Mr. Right, its about finding Mr. Right now

I'm looking! I'm looking! Get me drunk, and that'll help, I'm sure. :D

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

For years I have pondered the question: Is it better to have a skydiving significant other or will a whuffo make me happy ? Skydiving is and always will be a huge part of my life. Spending so much time at a drop zone has been the ruin of several relationships for me as well as the start of some great ones. I was wondering what you think ?

Blue Skies,

They have their pros and cons. When dating a whuffo, skydiving gives you something that is "your's" and some time to yourself. A good thing until it's too much, and there's a near-guarantee that they'll want money and vacation time to be spent doing something else. When dating a skydiver, you get to share your passion for the sport with them, but don't get that away-fun time (unless you have another hobby they don't share), plus the odds of dz drama go up substantially, at least in part due to having to interact with each other's ex's. I'd guess that either can work, and either can fail, but the odds probably favor dating a skydiver.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

It's been scientifically proven that I get better looking the more you drink! ;)

Arg where did I put my tent?

Hey, you better watch out then. I'm sure I'll be getting smashed in Atlanta!

How dare you share my secrets with the world!

Well Timber it looks as if the polls are in. Permanant Whuffo not Good!

Now back to the Hi-Jacking. Let's go to ATL where good fun will be had by all.......Speaking of that Timber you should come if you are not already planning on it. There will be many Sky chickies around so you don't have to contemplate the silly question of a whuffo girly. Now if there is already one in mind bring her along so we can celebrate her first Tandem thereby eliminating the whuffo issue again!

Damn I am Good!:S
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

It doesn't matter. If it is the right person for you, skygoddess or whuffo won't matter since the relationship is good and something that you have mutual respect and appreciation for.

I think it's a little unfair to write off the entire whuffo population based on a question posed to DZ.commers :P

Jen (former whuffo dating/married to a jumper)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Of course, I refrain almost religiously from offering any advice regarding relationships; opting, instead, to ask questions for consideration.
Thus, I pose these questions:

Why do you have to jump again this weekend, you just jumped last weekend?!

Why do we always have to hang around for the whole "boogie", why can't you just do a few jumps and come home?!

Why do you have to go that far away to jump anyway, when you have a dropzone right here?!

What am I supposed to do out there all day while I'm waiting for you?!

And why do those girls/guys have to flirt with you so much?!

And what am I supposed to do if you get killed?!

Repeat these to yourselfl in your most whiny, dissatisfied voice, and answer at your leisure.
...........over.........................and over..............and over again. Then consider.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Repeat these to yourself in your most whiny, dissatisfied voice, and answer at your leisure.
...........over.........................and over..............and over again. Then consider.

Quite possibly the greatest response/post in the history of this board...

You are a master...B|

Who do you hang out with?

Most of my non-jumping friends are busy doing their own thing on the weekend, too. I wouldn't ask them "Why do you want to go hiking again this weekend? Why do you want to go bike-riding again this weekend? Can't you just spend a few hours at the dance convention then come back?" Just because someone doesn't skydive doesn't mean they sit around all weekend.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I used to think it was better dating a woman that skydives but I don't think that now. I just got tired of dealing with the dropzone drama, everyone in your God damn buisness, people you don't even know or have never met knowing details about your past and present relationships ect, ect. Honestly, it kind of reminds me of high school.

I'm not saying that there aren't good women in our little community because there are. I just can't deal with all of the other BS that is associated with dating a female skydiver.

The Original Cabana Boy!