timber

Is it better to date a 'Whuffo" ??

For years I have pondered the question: Is it better to have a skydiving significant other or will a whuffo make me happy ? Skydiving is and always will be a huge part of my life. Spending so much time at a drop zone has been the ruin of several relationships for me as well as the start of some great ones. I was wondering what you think ?

Blue Skies,

I think it really depends on the type of person you are and type of person you are looking for. But regardless, I agree it's important to support each other's hobbies.

There's many ways things can go wrong either way. A whuffo who persistently nonstop tries to stop you from skydiving, might not be worth it in the long run. (Unless you're willing to give up skydiving for this love, some do!) On the other hand, a very independent-minded skydiver socialite that flirts with others at the dropzone and needs lots of independent time away from you, might not be your kind of thing. (Unless you like that type, some do!)

Married a whuffo and i love her to pieces. She is very supportive though and realises the importance of time apart and doing our own thing. The worst aspect is she worries about me when i'm jumping but that's understandable.

To be honest, i think it would be boring if i talked about jumping when i was off the drop zone with my SO, i like the fact we talk about other stuff, and my jumping is separate, but then everyone is different. Besides she takes an interest in it enough to watch videos and ask questions - what more can i ask for really?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Used to think I could only be happy with a skychic.

Right now I am the happiest I have ever been, and she doesn't jump but she did a tandem before I even did mine. We spend a lot of time with each other. She doesn't have any desire to become a full time jumper but she gets it. On the weekends she goes to the mountains and i go to the DZ.

we are both happy:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain