frequencydrive

Skydive Spaceland--Looking for a jumping buddy

5-point 15-way. We were all so excited for you.

No crap, talk about awesome! Congrats, Eric! Too bad you couldn't see the view from the ground ;), the formation looked amazing! B| Get that license and we'll go play. (Kim, I'll keep him away from the dark side for a little while and stay on my belly with him...at least for a couple jumps) ;)

(Kim, I'll keep him away from the dark side for a little while and stay on my belly with him...at least for a couple jumps) ;)

Damn, I thought that belly flying was the dark side!

Walt

It would depend on who you are talking to....
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

Even though I could take the credit for sparking your SCR Eric, I didn't. Sometimes SCR's just spontaneously come together.

It was sooooo cool seeing your face in freefall :o. It was a great skydive and an awesome way to end the weekend. Thanks again for the fun!!! Thanks to Tom Jenkins for organizing such a cool jump!!

Onto learning the Jedi art of the Mantis!!!!! See you next weekend!

Xena

Sorry if this is written as if it were a stream of conscienceness. I am the one with the yellow Z1 (pictures below).

I don't know how to say it. But that was FUCKING AWESOME!!! I was
more nervous on my SCR than anything I have every done in my life. Including
my first AFF jump. I think I stopped breathing at about 3000 feet. I kept
saying to myself, "Please god help me... Don't fuck up the exit.
Don't leave early and don't leave late."

First thing I would like to say is thank you Tom Jenkins for organizing my SCR.
You are awesome. He drug me around that skydive like I was his personal bitch.
And I thank you for that. I grab whatever presented itself to me. And I did it.

I don't know how that all came together I just remember
being in the packing room when someone walked in and asked 4wayXena if she
wanted to get in on an SCR. I was over by the wall. 4wayXena said, "Who's
SCR is it?" and Rick pointed at ME! I turned around thinking someone was
behind me. Then without saying a word to me he just walked out. I about
pooped in my pants! First thing I'm thinking is, "Was he pointing at me and
what the fuck is an SCR?"

To all 16 of you who were on my SCR I will never forget your face. Most of
you I didn't even know. I still may not know your name but I will always
remember you were on my SCR dive.

I would also like to thank "Kat" who took still photos and did the video. I
can't stop watching the VIDEO! I took it to work and showed everyone. Most
of those that I showed didn't even know I was a skydiver. You should have
seen their faces when I crawled out of that there airplane. Almost everyone
said, "IS THAT YOU!".

That dive was one of the best experiences in my life. Somehow I managed to
remember to breath. I was feeling the love man. All of you who stayed and waited
for my slow ass to land that parachute and congratulated me behind the beer line.
You guys rock!

Thank you

Tom, Rick, Dawn, Jim, Aki, Jason, Jesse, Kim, Larissa, Kim, Kat(video), Debbie
and John. There are more but I can't make out their name on my SCR paperwork.

Thank you guys. You made me feel like a real skydiver.

Skydive Spaceland rocks!

Eric Games

http://www.ericgames.com/images/SCR/SCR-outside-float.jpg
http://www.ericgames.com/images/SCR/SCR-outside-float2.jpg
http://www.ericgames.com/images/SCR/SCR-outside-float3.jpg
http://www.ericgames.com/images/SCR/Practice-Exit.jpg

He drug me around that skydive like I was his personal bitch.

I think I just fell outta my chair! :D:D:D:D Tom is a freakn awesome skydiver, huh! I've only been on a couple jumps with him, but I tell ya...from those few I have..I took SOOO much away from the dive...although come to think of it... I am pretty sure him and Kimmy were both draggin me and another jumper around like their biotches on the last dive I did with them...hmm..well....ok fine..maybe I was the only one getting drug around..but still..:P.it happens to us all :D;)

So where are the pics of the formation!?! POST 'EM BOY!!! ;):)
Congrats again!

So where are the pics of the formation!?! POST 'EM BOY!!! ;):)
Congrats again!

Uh, well that is what I was wondering when I was going through the stack. There are none. There are no still photos of the formation taken with her 35mm camera. All she got was us staging the exit on the outside of the otter. I could capture stills from the video and post them. I don't think they will look very good but something is better than nothing. I will do that tonight. The video is posted here:

http://www.ericgames.com/images/SCR

Eric

:D:D:D:D You were Tom's Bee-otch! LOL Maybe your new dz.com handle should be TJB (Tom Jenkins Bitch).

Well I suppose we gotta get your happy ass to the tunnel and really make a skydiver outta you! And you still have to do your SCR ceremony. I suppose we could get that done on Saturday night.

Hey I am all over that tunnel camp! I mean I am on it. I ordered my rig on June 30th. My Wings container, Sabre2 170 & PD Reserve 160 are on order. I called Wings and asked them if I could pay more money to get it earlier and I got this reply:

=====================================
Hi,

I wish I could help you, but right now I can't.
We are trying to get caught up on our delivery, and if I rush anything it
will screw it up even more.
I'm not going to tell you hell no:)

But if you remind me in 2 weeks I can see how things are going with
production and then we can see where we stand.

Blue skies
Ankie
=====================================

I am worried that I will not have my gear before the next tunnel camp. It will break my heart if I can't go because of my gear. Well I guess I could go and
get the tunnel time but no BIG SKY time. The tunnel camp includes 10 jumps at skydive arizona right? I also need to get my yellow card signed off. I have done everything except one. I also need to get my log book signed off. I didn't know I needed signatures for all my jumps up till 500. Nobody told me that as a student. Maybe I should read the SIM!

Anyways. I will give my third unborn child if I can just get my gear in time.

And you still have to do your SCR ceremony.

Would that be the "actually tell the story behind the reward" ceremony?

Or the "everybody just scream at the maggets" ceremony?

I gotta admit I was rather suprised at how few people knew when to participate and WHEN NOT TO at the Skyfest ceremony.

Cheers.
Larry

Edited to add: Oh yeah, and someone tried to hand me a script. :S If you don't know the story you shouldn't be telling it, and if you listen, you'll know the story.
--
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

Oh man I was so excited! :)
My boss just got back from vacation today and asked me how my weekend went. I had the biggest grin on my face. Then proceeded to tell him all about my SCR and what a great experience it was. I couldn't stop talking about it. :D

Would that be the "actually tell the story behind the reward" ceremony?

Or the "everybody just scream at the maggets" ceremony?

I gotta admit I was rather suprised at how few people knew when to participate and WHEN NOT TO at the Skyfest ceremony.

So how is the ceremony supposed to go?

So how is the ceremony supposed to go?

Depends on where and when you are. It used to be shorter, and the word "maggot" was never used. "Him" and "he" are used only because English doesn't have a good gender-neutral third person pronoun.

First, the likely holder of the lowest SCR number would state his number, and ask if anyone's was lower. Whosever was lowest had the option of giving the ceremony, or turning it over.

Any narration of the ceremony can be embellished to the giver's taste.

The inductee was directed to kneel, and face west, the location of the first 8-way star. He was asked if he knew why he was here, and why he was facing west. Of course, when he began to answer, he'd be told that his input wasn't required (well, maybe not that politely), and informed that it was because he'd found at least 7 people who either liked him enough, or wanted beer enough, to fling themselves out of an airplane after his sorry ass.

In honor of this momentous occasion, he will be presented with a number of trophies, which deserve all of the honor and respect he can bestow upon them. He should collect them, bring them home, and display them upon his mantle. If there is no mantle, he should construct one for this purpose.

Somewhere around here control was usually lost, and people would just start chanting "Him, him, fuck him," which was the signal for everyone to pour. Coolers full of ice and water were a later addition.

It seems to have gotten a whole lot more abusive over the years.

Wendy W.
SCR 6661
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy,

Your scaring the crap out of me. But I still plan on getting that there SCR completed before the year is out. Guess I should plan on bringing my wet suit from work. What does SCR stand for anyway?

Star Crest Recipient

Don't be a wuss - there's no reason to be scared... trust me. :)

(Seriously, just don't wait until January to do the ceremony! Brrrrr!!)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Better believe it! I sent him the e-mail and he'll be there B|

Well alright! Damn, do I know how to pull a happy hour together, or what? :D:D

Me: Wanna drink together? :)Skydivers: Uh, let us think about this for a mo- HELL YES! B|
Me: That was easy. :|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Cheers.
Larry

Some of us had a hard time understanding you:P :D :D :D:D:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I am worried that I will not have my gear before the next tunnel camp. It will break my heart if I can't go because of my gear. Well I guess I could go and
get the tunnel time but no BIG SKY time. The tunnel camp includes 10 jumps at skydive arizona right? I also need to get my yellow card signed off. I have done everything except one. I also need to get my log book signed off. I didn't know I needed signatures for all my jumps up till 500. Nobody told me that as a student. Maybe I should read the SIM!

Don't worry if you don't have your gear yet. The jumps are an added feature to the tunnel camp and are not what you are REALLY there for. You are there to refine or build the skills that will translate into the air.

If all else fails, you can probably find someone who will be able to lend you a rig or you can rent one at AZ if they are available.

You are going to have a blast!!! AND you will develop great friendships in the process!

Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

I hope you guys don't have barbed wire fences around your property! (Kirsten, you don't even want to know the story)

Kirsten knows all about barb wire fences. ;)

--

Hey man, that wasn't me that landed thru the middle of the barb wire fence. Stephanie "the anti-Tammi" Grover did that. I landed in/under a tree about 25 yards away amazed all of my body parts were intact and working.

Neither party was injured in the performance of Stupid Skydiver Trick called "jumping in really fu