frequencydrive

Skydive Spaceland--Looking for a jumping buddy

Hello. Just got off student status 4 weeks ago. I've got 33 jumps total. Looking for a jumping buddy. I plan on jumping every weekend. I'll take a break once in a while but right now I want to jump all the time. Home DZ is Skydive Spaceland. I'm there every weekend. I'm looking for someone with whom I can jump with on a regular basis. Someone who is INTO skydiving as much as I am. I want to learn everything I can. I am mostly interested in Freeflying but when I can't do that or when asked to join in on a four way I am all in. It's all good. I am dependable. When I say I'm going to be there I WILL be there (at the DZ). Looking for someone that is as dedicated and dependable.

I love jumping out of airplanes! Come on jump out with me, Please?!

Is this my guy Eric?

Hey man, even if you're jumping with other newbies on your belly, let me know. I have some drill dives for two people to work on belly skills.

And if I'm not with a student, I will gladly jump with you and help you work on some more advanced skills - no $$. Please don't go completely to the Dark Arts just because you can't find anyone else to jump with this early (awiaiting flame storm for this comment ;) )

Remind me to hook you up with Curtis. He's pretty into this stuff too and you guys could compliment each other well in freefall - similar skills and body types.

Please don't go completely to the Dark Arts just because you can't find anyone else to jump with this early (awiaiting flame storm for this comment ;) )

No need for flames...I completely agree with you!!

Eric, come find me if you are looking for someone to jump with. I am there every weekend. I do mostly RW and think that it is important to learn skills on your belly first before jumping straight to freeflying. (JMO - it takes less time to catch on to freeflying after building solid RW skills).

Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

Kirsten,

Why don't you have a picture of your beautiful smiling face as an avatar? If you don't put one up in a hurry, I'm going to hunt you down, take the picture myself, an FIND a way to get it in!

Ok, if I hunt you down I'll be so busy giving you the GREATEST HUG OF YOUR LIFE, that I'll forget to take a picure. Still, how about blessing us with a smiling avatar?

Walt

I gotta say this may be a first for me.
I havent seen anyone introduce themselves(in bonfire) by asking for a jump buddy. thats cool, man.B|

Im sure at a place like spaceland you'll find them quickly (unless you turn out to be a dickhead:ph34r:)

hope you find soem beter people than the ones who replied here so far:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: (J/K...MOST of them are good people;))
My photos

My Videos

Hey Jim, I've seen you around spaceland before.

I know I should practice on my belly before charging head first into FF'ing but god it looks like so much fun. Every skydiving video I see is of someone sit flying or flying on their head. I tried sit flying on the last load last week kinda on accident. I was on my back so I decided to just push my legs down and put my arms behind me. BAM! I sat right up. Amazing how much you can learn from watching videos of wind tunnels. Of course that sit lasted about 3 seconds and then I fell on my belly.

I need kirsten to teach me those fancy turns that they don't teach you as a student. Oh BTW Kirsten you do know me. I was your first student that graduated the STP program out there. Remember we went and bought beer together for two firsts.

Anyways I'm glad I got some responses. I am normally too shy to just go up to people I don't know and ask if they want to jump with me.

I'll see you guys out at the DZ this weekend. I will be there bright and early Saturday to catch the first load.

As soon as I get my A license I am going to make a trip out to Skydive Houston. I hope you guys don't have barbed wire fences around your property! (Kirsten, you don't even want to know the story)

gemini, amanduh, 4WayXena (kirsten), Murphyka, moonglo, waltappel, jtval

Thanks you guys!

Eric

Yeah – I used to want to lean to free fly well and could usually be found sit flying by myself at spacey land, that is until one slow Sunday Jim (Gemini) informed me that I was about to go on my SCR. Hmm I don’t think I’ve tried to free fly since. Sometimes there’s just nothing like pulling together a great 4 way (whatever way) belly jump. Though I’m sure the same can be said for any skydiving discipline. Definitely get on some good belly ways though. But yeah anyhow Ill be out Saturday and/or Sunday, and am also out about every other weekend; look me up and we can make some jumps.

neil p

My friends just moved to Palm Coast...I'm going to visit them around November and plan on going to Titusville for a couple of days minimum.

Whats the deal on the 18k jumps? Is that an option on every load or just an occasional thing? 15,000 feet of freefall instead of 9000 is just too damn attractive!!!
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Hello! I will be glad to start jumping with you when I am off student status. I live in Baytown and I'm doing my training in Beaumont. I have heard so many awesome things about both Houston DZs and cannot wait to visit them. It will probably take me about six months to finish because I have a family and don't jump all of the time. Plus I'm paying as I go!

Congrats on getting your license and hopefully I'll see you out there!
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

My friends just moved to Palm Coast...I'm going to visit them around November and plan on going to Titusville for a couple of days minimum.

Whats the deal on the 18k jumps? Is that an option on every load or just an occasional thing? 15,000 feet of freefall instead of 9000 is just too damn attractive!!!

Wrong Dz thats.. Skydive SpaceCenter in titusville.....nice lil Dz with a super fast King Air and a great freefly scene.

Edit: Also I believe the high altitude loads they'll just accounce over the loud speaker and see if they can get enough people interested to make a load....

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

Wrong Dz thats.. Skydive SpaceCenter in titusville.....nice lil Dz with a super fast King Air and a great freefly scene.

Edit: Also I believe the high altitude loads they'll just accounce over the loud speaker and see if they can get enough people interested to make a load....

Thanks for setting me straight...I was getting confused as to why people were bringing up Skydive Houston to a guy in Florida...my bad:S

But I still want to go to Titusville:o
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Awesome day! I go out to the drop zone at 9:30 just as one of the otter's is taking off. Had both of them flying today. I was thinking, "Damn! I missed the first load?"

I had about 5 people ask me if I was that guy who posted on Drop Zone.com (I have no idea how they knew it was me). Thank You Joe for hooking me up with Gemini. I got 6 4-ways in today. Thank you Rich, Richard, dawn, jason, and Jim. I am so glad I posted on the forum. I was hooked for the whole. I KNOW that would not have happened had I not posted. Skydive Spaceland IS and awesome place to jump.

I was in the packing room and someone was gathering names for an SCR dive. I remember thinking, "I wonder what that is? Must be something skygods do." Then someone asked, "Who is it for?" and the guy pointed at me! I about shit! First thing I'm thinking is whatever an SCR is I'm not good enough to be in on it. I just funneled 2 out of 6 4-ways. I have a sneaking suspicion Xena had something to do with that. Of course I immediately began finding instructors and others with a lot of time to ask them what an SCR is.

Well now I know. I will be there tomorrow I get my SCR. I am so exicted! This makes me really happy that I posted here and introduced myself. I'm feelin' the love man!

Thank you DZ.com and everyone I jumped with today at Skydive Spaceland. You guys are awesome!

Eric

Ah ha!!! that was you jumping with my ching-ching bling bling girl!! I was the weirdo that walked up and started making mysterious docks on Dawn while you were standing around.

You'll love spaceland. The folks really take care of the newbies out there. Just ask me...:)
BTW, tomorrow I hope ye become a maggot.

is

I was the weirdo that walked up and started making mysterious docks on Dawn while you were standing around.

Ahhhh, :o Now I know who you are. Kirsten introduced me to you when I was still a student.

Hahaha That shit was funny (docking on dawn). I don't care who ya'are that theres funny! :D

You'll love spaceland. The folks really take care of the newbies out there. Just ask me...:)
BTW, tomorrow I hope ye become a maggot.

See what a noobie I am. I just learned what an SCR was today and now there's another skydiving word that I don't know. *scurries off to google "maggot and Skydiving"*

Hey Eric ~ Congratulations on your SCR! The jump was alot of fun (5-point 15-way). We were all so excited for you.

I could tell that you were a little overwhelmed by the number of people in the air, but that is normal. You did a great job.

Now.....let's talk about Tunnel Camp!
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy