Kid_Icarus

Your Favorite Lost Prairie Memory

Sunset load kicked ass. I was lucky to be one of the ones who made it back easily - even had my closest landing to the hangar of the whole boogie. (as oposed to some people who had fun swooping cows in the faraway fields. ;))
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You remember what happened at LP? Whoa....

I'd have to say that my favorite memory is when I finally got over the valley after spending 10,000 feet over trees on the cross country. I was so worried about where I was gonna land I didn't get to open my planned inflight cocktail until I was on the ground waiting for someone to help me through the barbed wire fence.

I also remember the one nice stand up landing I did. And the sweet swoop at the brewery that someone else did.

The survivor's party was fun too. Very happy to have been a part of the grand finale.

But don't let any of this make you join us next year. As I've been told repeatedly, once again the beer was warm, the weather sucked and there were too damn many Canadians. [:/]

If I'm hypothetically on a sunset XC load and not sure about making it back, would it be good to conserve my glide to just leave the brakes stowed while I drink my beer?

I can direct you to one cow-swooper in particular who could probably give you some advice on what *not* to do ... but since what happens at the Prairie stays at the Prairie, I shall leave said jumper's name out to protect the guilty.

There's lots of threads on making it back from long spots in the forums... a search would give you lots of ideas.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

since you want me to pick just one and we're talking about the x country right now. I was standing on the porch at the bar with my 2 buddies who just happen to be the 2 dorks that got themselves in a wrap over the trees on the cross country and 3 guys are discussing this wrap not realizing the 2 guys were standing right next to them, we even joined in the conversation and got one guy to say he talked to them after they got back...we never did let them in on what was so funny.

by the way the guys got lucky and found there mains in a wild life reserve on the other side of the hill.

B.L. (the brain)

by the way the guys got lucky and found there mains in a wild life reserve on the other side of the hill.

WOW that is great news. I circled over thier freebags and canopy wad for quite a while... to get it on video. I gave the video to the school so they could try to pinpoint where it was going... At about 8k I decided I REALLLLLLY needed to get OVER the top of that large mountain.. with all the freakin trees..

I was loaded at 1.5 to one so landing on boulders or trees was less appealing than the nice open field with the cows:)

Nice pics, Gia, but that's Kevin (SeaKev) brandishing the Goldschlager in that first picture... He's lurking in the back of the last one, too.

ooooops my bad ~ SORRY Kevin :o

g

Speaking of Kevin, he's got a lot of photos on that camera of his ... including shots of Goldschlager shots.

Kev? Get uploading, boy...

I don't remember the guys name be he's on the far right of the ummm dinner pic, I think I met him as jasons drunk friend.... but one night at the bar he was telling us he could do a hand stand and walk across the deck, this was something I wanted to see so I called bullshit and he tried it and end up on his back, Im glad he was alright but it had to be one of the funniest things I've seen.

B.L. (the brain)

I don't remember the guys name be he's on the far right of the ummm dinner pic, I think I met him as jasons drunk friend.... but one night at the bar he was telling us he could do a hand stand and walk across the deck, this was something I wanted to see so I called bullshit and he tried it and end up on his back, Im glad he was alright but it had to be one of the funniest things I've seen.

That's JD, aka FlankSteak on dz.com. You should see the trick he did going off the Lounge porch. That one grounded him for the weekend-plus. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I submit some photos....

-The Utah Crew
-Walking back from a good day of jumping
-Camped at the end of the runway...we just had to!
-Again ... see above(notice the pilots hand out the window.. :o
-Saw this double on the drive home

...lucky tent...>:(>:(>:(

That was one sexy tent :|

***Nah, I think Dave and I were the lucky ones ;) hehehehehehehe

Yes you 2 definitely did get lucky :ph34r:

Beth, Beth, Beth... remember the rule? No one gets laid at the Prairie!