reddn

Anyone going to Dave Dewolf Riggers course in January

Giving you a bump to say I went to his course this past January...get ready to pack pack pack and have a blast!
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

i'm signed up. i don't have all my info yet, but i'll probably stay solo on account of a snoring thing i've been accused of. by my wife. who sleeps with ear plugs. [:/]

edited to add: if anyone is looking to split a ride to/from the airport and to/from the course, i'd be interested in that.

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

More info, please... (I was actually searching for a post like this, too...)

Previous experience required? Cost? Website?
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." Da Vinci

Possibly - we've not decided yet (meaning my .5 hasn't given the green light for a week away just after X-mas).

I'll PM by mid-November to let you know if I'm going. If I am, consider me interested in splitting a room.;)

"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I would STRONGLY recommend having all of the reading done in advance, go through all the practice questions in advance and know the answers, and watch/do as many reserve repacks as possible in advance.

The more information already in your head, the more you will be able to gain from the course rather than starting from scratch, plus you'll pack a little quicker, and the more you do, the more you learn :)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Hi Jen!
Dave invited me to make a return appearance, I guess he is running out of instructors that know how to pack a round canopy.
;)

Besides, the weather in PA in January is always awesome!

I'm glad you'll be coming out for the course, it'll be great to run into you again!!

i'm arriving in harrisburg on the 16th at about 1045. is anyone else arriving around then that would be interested in splitting a car rental for the week to get to/from elizabethtown and to/from the class every day?
MB4252 TDS699

Well, we had another really great class this year.
A lot of talent showed up ready to get down to business.

We had 31 candidates for a senior rigger's certificate, breaking the previous record of 27.

The class also had several add-on candidates from the same group along with 7 Masters candidates that came in at the end of the course.

Dave is giving the last add-on O&P today making it officially over.

Congratulations to all,

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Well, we had another really great class this year.
A lot of talent showed up ready to get down to business.

We had 31 candidates for a senior rigger's certificate, breaking the previous record of 27.

The class also had several add-on candidates from the same group along with 7 Masters candidates that came in at the end of the course.

Dave is giving the last add-on O&P today making it officially over.

Congratulations to all,

MEL

I agree, it was a great group of students... well prepared, worked hard, motivated, and learned FAST (I was a little envious of this class... they all caught on much more quickly than I did as a student in their shoes!)

Even if a couple of them did refer to me as a DZ.com post-whore.... they were still a good group :)
Jen

thanks to dave for assembling such an awesome bunch of instructors! nothing like having, hmmm, didn't do the math but i'd bet there was over 150 years of rigging experience in the room at any given time. the organization and scheduling of the various classes was outstanding. we never had to wait for an instructor. the equipment we had to work with from our personal tool kits to the sewing machines to the rigs we worked on was first rate. the patience shown by the instructors was amazing!

thanks to everyone for a memorable and valuable experience.
MB4252 TDS699

thanks to dave for assembling such an awesome bunch of instructors! nothing like having, hmmm, didn't do the math but i'd bet there was over 150 years of rigging experience in the room at any given time. the organization and scheduling of the various classes was outstanding. we never had to wait for an instructor. the equipment we had to work with from our personal tool kits to the sewing machines to the rigs we worked on was first rate. the patience shown by the instructors was amazing!

thanks to everyone for a memorable and valuable experience.

There was probably well more tha 150 years at any one time... MEL, Bob Mehl, and Dewolf alone probably hit that between them :)

i didn't want to make all the instructors feel old, so i rounded down from my original guess. :D

it was a little crowded while packing at some points, but the good thing about that was you could overhear other people's questions easier. i dropped what i was doing several times to go see how someone else solved the problem, even if i'd seen 3 other people do it already. so much experience to soak up!

MB4252 TDS699

Mark, thanks for all the help.

You and a few of the other instructors helped me tremendously and I learned a ton. We do appreciate the effort. I was especially grateful that you guys worked with me after I had to drop out for a day.

Jen, I stand by my previous analysis. You are indeed a post-whore. ;)

_Am

__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.